Tuesday, March 24, 2015

age doesn't matter...

I shared this with the YW but I'm young at heart, just like you are!, and I just love this statement.  For me I'm claiming this counsel as it just feels right to do so!!  Join me!....

You are creatures of divinity; you are daughters of the Almighty. Limitless is your potential. Magnificent is your future, if you will take control of it.

The whole gamut of human endeavor is now open to women. There is not anything that you cannot do if you will set your mind to it. You can include in the dream of the woman you would like to be a picture of one qualified to serve society and make a significant contribution to the world of which she will be a part.

For you, my dear friends, the sky is the limit. You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. Respect yourself.

Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities, and forever and always be loyal to the Church.

Gordon B. Hinckley, How Can I Become the Woman of Whom I Dream?, April 2001

No comments: