Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Ladder

Quite some time back I shared a poem by a reader that I was captivated by it.  I just love it.  It's called The Ladder and I printed it at the end of this news....Amy has decided to do a blog about her pain from which she is working at healing herself!!!  She says.....

For a long time now I have had a desire to share my healing journey in a way that could help others. I have feared speaking out, though, because of not wanting to offend others or make people uncomfortable who know my ex-husband. Today marks 3 years since leaving my marriage. During that time I have faced persecution and been judged for the choice to leave. I have purposefully remained quiet but am now choosing to use my voice. I have started a blog, not to criticize my ex or speak about specifics from my past, but to share experiences and feelings as I move forward to connect to my true self. If you desire to join me on my journey, please follow my blog! It is a slow start, but I had to just get the first post done. More to come!
http://freedomtobecome.blogspot.com/2015/03/freedom.html
freedomtobecome.blogspot.com|By Amy Tiare


The Ladder
by Amy Tiare

Teetering on a broken ladder
Unsafe, unclear
Halfway to my destination
Do I go up?
Do I go down?
Does it matter at this point?
The ladder will soon give way

Looking down at the cliff below
Jagged, rocky
Pain is what awaits me
What to do?
Which direction to choose?
Is there even a choice?
Can’t even remember which direction I was going

Looking up at the broken rungs above
Dizzy, weak
Fear keeps me holding on
Can I make it?
Can I continue to hold on?
Is there any way to save me?
There is no way out of this

A scene flashes before my eyes
Pain, anguish
The Savior suffers in Gethsemane
Can he make it through?
Can he complete the task?
Is it too much for Him to take?
He endures it well and fulfills his mission

A voice enters my mind
Calm, gentle
“My child, I am here for you.
What will you choose?
Go down? I will catch you.
Go up? I will reach for you.
Choose. I cannot help as long as you are still.”

I listen to my heart
Pounding, racing
I listen to my head
What will happen if I move?
Will the ladder break?
What will become of me?
A choice is made. I let go…

No comments: