Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Soul Food

Sometimes things happen that are so unexpected and wonderful and you just soak it up.  I just had that happen.  I was so moved with sentiment about the many people I've had such wonderful association with over so many years and all because we are amongst the believers in the Church.  I'm not a FB person but somehow or other I just decided to express my love, in a very compressed spontaneous way, on that medium.  I expected nothing.  I hoped that some would read it that had shared that time with me but didn't expect any response.  I just wanted to share my heart.  My love.  My gratitude for our association.  I was startled when so many responded and expressed their joy also for that shared time.  Absolutely beautiful!

As I thought about it and the time period of most people that I heard from, it was a period from 1971 to 1990.  About 20 years.  What I would call the Homer years.  Then there was sort of like an overflow and on to current life.  I found it interesting how powerful that 20 years was and the impact it had on my life.  It has given me a lot to think about.

At this point in my life, I am figuring out what I want to do with the next 30 years.  I had no idea of the joy I would feel in looking to this past segment of my life.  More on that later.

I feel like I've been blessed with an entire garden of Hyacinths.  Given to me.  No purchase necessary!!  My soul has been fed. Joyous memories fill my heart!!!  Thank you friends...new ones and old ones!!!

Hyacinths to Feed Thy Soul

If of thy mortal goods thou are bereft,
And from the slender store two loaves alone to thee are left,
Sell one, and with the dole
Buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.

File:Hyacinth - Anglesey Abbey.jpg
Sweet scented beauty!!!!

**********************************
Still so looking forward to a weekend filled with General Conference.  Getting ready!! 
PERSONAL GUIDANCE AVAILABLE!!

No comments: