Thursday, April 24, 2014

Progression

What a blessing for my friend....  As she prepares to move to the next sphere of life, that we as believers know exists, I see so many blessings coming her way.  She is in her own home, not suffering pain, surrounded by her sons and her husband, 2 grandchildren visiting, relaxed in her very own bed.  Phone calls from family members and friends.  Visitors dropping by expressing love...  wanting to help in any way they can.  Meals prepared, for her family, by women that love her.  Sentiments and affection and experiences expressed to the family.  Strengthening them.  Buoying them.  Comforting them.

One day after things started to go down hill she said...I never thought my life would end up this way.  Knowing the inevitable was out of her control we talked about the good life she had.  The many blessings she has experienced....the Gospel-her childhood-her husband-her children & their children-her friends-her musical talents-her life experiences in health challenges that have taught her much and on and on the list went.  She mentioned her home and how she was glad she got to decorate it and make it hers. She felt comfortable and loved her home.  She also mentioned- so many things I didn't get done.  I questioned what she meant and she said- sorting stuff.  We both agreed that at that point it really didn't matter anymore!

She is being faith-filled and I'm thankful for that.  I'm also thankful that Wednesday was her day to rally and a good day on many levels for her family-- Opening her eyes and responding somewhat meant the world to everyone.

I believe in the Master Plan as it is His Plan.  I have faith that dying is a part of living.  Today I was thinking again of the analogy of how hard a woman labors to give birth and no one can do it for her.  I watch my friend labor to leave and only she can do this work.  I can standby and encourage her and sustain her with my love and prayers but that is about it.  Those beyond are the ones with the power to help her journey to a newness of life.  I believe they are near to comfort and encourage her.


13032

No comments: