Monday, April 14, 2014

Out of the blue!!

Life has suddenly taken a new turn for me.  I have a new calling!!

Callings are the lifeblood of the Church as far as all of us experiencing life in a Ward.  Just like jigsaw puzzles of various sizes, depending on the size of the Ward, you either have lots of pieces with lots of detail that fill in and create programs or smaller, scaled down basic versions .  Our Ward, right now, isn't huge but all programs are in play.

At my age, you have usually run the circuit and like an old glue factory candidate, former prancer-like filly, you get to munch on that grass that not only looked greener but seems rather appealing as gear-downing sets in.  It's a quiet time and cud chewing with other similar age creatures is the activity of the day/days.

With our recent duo of health issues at our place, energy deprivation, that causes our life to change.  It made sense a change might be made....I admit that we weren't surprised when the Stake President called and wanted to see both of us.  Phone calls like that mean some sort of shift and in our case we felt it was me being released.  It's only been 3 years or so.  4?  A release for health reasons, most likely.  Anyhow...

We went for the meeting and he explained- I am extending a release from the Stake Relief Society to you.  We talked a bit about RS and I expressed how much I'd enjoyed the calling, visiting Wards, VT Conferences, working with Margie and Kathy, loved the women I'd met, doing the Woman's Conference that was in my mind for awhile and all that sort of reminiscing.  That sort of chitchat is normal.

He then surprised both of us and said that our Bishop had been asking for me to be released from the Stake, for some time, to work in the Ward!!  (What?????!!!)  And he was doing it.  He would not tell what the calling was.  Only said that I would be busy.

Terry and I figured that maybe a Gospel Doctrine teacher, Institute Leader, Facebook organizer for the Ward.  I was so hoping that I'd be given one more chance to have my own class.  Maybe one of the RS teachers?  Just to be able to talk about the Gospel and teach it would be heaven-sent.

Bishop was at General Conference.  When he got back, he called and came over (and you will be as shocked as me) he called me to be the LAUREL ADVISER!!!!

What on earth????!!!!

What darling young woman wants a Granny for their Laurel Adviser????  I HopeHopeHope that my class does!...'cause they have one!!

In the midst of tears, I just felt so happy/thankful/grateful, for such a precious opportunity!!!  I am just thrilled to pieces!  This calling is like one of the greatest callings I've ever had.  It's out of the blue!!  Not even thought of!!  What a blessing I have been given!!!!!

Love my Laurels!!!  I really do!!



 

No comments: