Monday, April 7, 2014

On Point. For sure!!!!

What a fantastic weekend!!!  Watched it all and enjoyed it all and everything said was so timely and wonderful!!  On the last couple of speakers, the thought popped into my mind, that this is sort of like a family reunion and very reminiscent.  I felt I really knew the majority of speakers from reading/seeing them many times before and I so enjoyed hearing from them and then those that were new to me, many with beautiful accents.  The subjects and quotes used were familiar and I loved hearing the inspired take and twists that were so beautifully explained.  Loved the object lessons stories!  Felt encouraged and grounded and secure as I heard these brothers and sisters speak with power and confidence.  To hear over and over about the Savior helped my testimony to grow stronger yet.  Each speaker has their own unique style and it's recognizable.  Again, that familiar homey feeling.  Soothing.  Comforting.  Inspiring. Strengthening.  Makes me want to do better and be better.  Desire to improve in all aspects of my life.

We enjoyed ourselves for both days.

 All that pre-conference talk about food and what to eat and what to prepare and all that chit-chat?  We ended up doing nothing in advance! and just ate what was on hand.  Leftovers and some soup from the freezer and Terry also had some Campbell soup!  We both felt excited but tired so we just really paid no attention to any sort of menu BUT we did focus on the spiritual feast!!

I also followed what the feminists were up to.  Will share that tomorrow.  Nothing new except my attitude which I've been contemplating where/what/when/how and even if I'm on or off the track.  Lots of thoughts going on.

Well, you can't say anyone soft pedaled their messages but they were so straightforward/to the point/filled with boldness and made for great self-evaluation.

What a great two days!!!!  Sigh.

No comments: