Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time to get ready!

 I'm as giddy as can be!!!  My favorite Church meetings are coming up this weekend.  So excited to be able to watch hours of  General Conference!  It's time to get ready...To itemize things in my life that I would love some heavenly help on.  I approach Conference as a time of personal revelation to answers I'm seeking or a confirmation on something I'm maybe questioning....those private things that are in my prayers and only my Father in Heaven knows are of concern to me or of great interest.  I can get that guidance/answer/help through General Conference.

“If we teach by the Spirit and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you,” Elder Holland says.

 Amazing promise.....


(This tail-wagging-the-dog comment by the LDS feminists really is an irritant to me... 

Will a woman pray at LDS general conference?

You know I'm discovering very testy lately!!  But really...Let the 15 Brethren, the leaders with authority, bring this up if they want to do it.  The Salt Lake Tribune gave it coverage and the supporters are probably of the wear pants to Church movement.  I'm just fine with leaving those decisions to the men.  I won't go on and on but really!  The Church replied with.....

SALT LAKE CITY — LDS Church officials Tuesday would neither confirm nor deny a published report that for the first time a woman will offer at least one of the opening or closing prayers during the church's upcoming annual general conference.
“Decisions on speakers and prayers at general conference were made late last year,” said Scott Trotter, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. “Customarily, details of the conference programs are not announced until general conference.”
The reason for not releasing the list of conference participants at the time the assignments are made is simple, according to Elder L. Tom Perry, a senior member of the church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
“While we make assignments and plan ahead for our meetings, there is always the option in the church for the presiding authority to make changes as led by the Spirit,” Elder Perry said. “We rely on heaven’s guidance in our meetings. General conference is no different. That’s why we do not typically publish a program in advance.”
 Still, The Salt Lake Tribune reported late Monday that church officials will break from tradition and ask a woman to offer at least one of the public prayers during the church’s 183rd Annual General Conference, scheduled for April 6 and 7 in Salt Lake City. No sources were cited for the disclosure.)
 

No comments: