Monday, April 8, 2013

Loved it!!!!

Now that is what I call a fun time-- to enjoy hours of Conference plus great shorts in-between sessions and also watching/reading the following.....

1)2013 RS Auxiliary Training Meeting-  view it here

 2)SALT LAKE CITY — 
The general presidents of the Relief Society, Young Women and Primary organizations of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints recently participated in a conversation covering a number of topics relating to women in the Church. In the video, Sister Linda K. Burton, Sister Elaine S. Dalton and Sister Rosemary M. Wixom provide insights into their roles in Church leadership, describe the power of the priesthood in people’s lives and provide answers to questions of interest.   view it here

3)Sherry Dew speaks What do LDS Women Get?  

4)Hot off the press!!!! New role for Sister Missionaries


*********************************** 
Still soap-boxing a wee bit... Sister prays in Gen. Conference.  Can we please be sensible and look at this as ....evidently it was time for that to happen and thus it did?  I so wish the LDS feminists hadn't been doing their best to "make" it happen.  The Church said the assignments were already made.  All things happen on the Lord's timetable.  Through His Prophets. 

I think the marvels of today's technology stir the pot, keep it boiling and keep attention on whatever the opponents, to the Church way of doing things, is not fair to them.  Probably these women are to young to remember that 20 some years ago a woman had never spoken at General Conference.  None of us were in a flap over that fact.  When the first woman spoke, it was noted, accepted as a new part of General Conference and things just moved on.  In 1978 (same year as all worthy males can receive priesthood) President Kimball also made another official statement ...women could pray in Sacrament meeting.  Up to that time it was never done.  I remember there even being chatter about should they say opening or closing prayer?  I remember being in Church when it happened that first time. I never remember any movement organized to make it happen.

What a time to be alive!  I have enjoyed seeing all sorts of changes in my lifetime.  Changes don't bother me as I consider it growth....as long as the course direction comes from above and not from the ground up...I don't like that forcing it on me kind of talk!

 There have been all sorts of changes in the arena of Church policies but not principles.  The way things are done in the Church from the time we joined until now are not exactly the same but...every basic principle is still firmly in place.  When we joined we kept to ourselves, not really involved in our communities, we went to Church meetings all week long!  Then suddenly...a 3 hour block.  There are people reading this that can't even imagine that much Church to go to.  but go we did!  We use to take the Sacrament twice on Sunday...at SS in morning & Sac. meeting in afternoon.  Now it's one time but we still hear the same prayers etc.  I could go on and on but I won't!  at least not right this minute!


I  think it's so interesting that the LDS Feminists, that started their hand-carried/delivered letter writing request/campaign in January, actually feel that their 1600 letters changed the course of  history!!  Come on!!!  Are you kidding me??

So the Feminists are now working towards their goal of women receiving the Priesthood and are buoyed by their "success" in bringing about prayer change and the Gays are viewing these two prayers as progressive and...inching forward. positive feelings of hope for my community.

 General Conference talks for both days, let both the discontented/disgruntled LDS Feminist women and the LDS discontented/disgruntled Gays know....that's not going to happen.  Priesthood was totally explained and reaffirmed...it is a male ordination.  Period.  End of wondering about it.  Marriage is between a man and a woman.  No same gender marriages.  End of story.  The talks were wonderful and really laid it on the line in both cases.

I loved the no pussy-footing around.  Just straight forward to me.  Such fantastic messages.  I loved the power and strength and confidence and firmness and love and reminders to follow Christ.  I don't remember ever hearing so many strong talks!!!  Scriptures quoted, lots of Bible quotes, and the entire Conference was so very Christ centered. Such amazing counsel on everything in life!!

I sat like a sponge that started off with some dry hard places and ended up just saturated with tears of tenderness and feeling the Spirit.  I've never heard so many men feel the Spirit so strong that their emotions caused their voices to break.  They were so on fire!!

Terry wasn't able to go to the Priesthood meeting and I was so sorry about that as he always takes notes and tells me about them as they don't usually become available on line for several days and then you usually can only read them.  It was 9pm and I thought that I'd just check and see when they'd have something on.  I utterly gasped...every single Saturday session, including Priesthood!, was available for viewing!!!!  I loved each talk given and Elder Uchtdorff's was one of the most powerful talks for men, I've ever heard.  I remember the last one I felt like that was when President Hinckley spoke to the men about times to come and being prepared.  Elder U.'s  talk was unlike any I've ever heard.  It will be interesting to see how the men react.

And Br. Falabella!!!  Isn't that one of the most terrific marriage talks you've ever heard???  If a man can be rated adorable on the speaker platform then he's in the running!!

Talk after talk just grabbed my heart.  I'm sure you felt the same way.  How could a person not be touched by the Spirit?  Right now I'm just in savor mode!!   

This age of technology is so incredible.  so amazing.  within hours people were putting wonderful quotes from talks or videos of favorite talks.  There is so much available that it's like an avalanche!

*************************************

PS-My heart goes out to all of the Mothers that have chicks still in the nest.  Your work is cut out for you and we all need to help you the best we can.  You are up to it and I look at you and see why you were born when you were....you are prepared for the task.  You can do it!!!  




No comments: