Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Get ready! Decide what works for you....enjoy!

Each of us does our very best to incorporate the Gospel into our daily life and living.  We each have different things going on and sometimes we can't really do all that we want, in spite of our desire.  And that's okay.  We just do our best.

I'm a General Conference nut!  I believe these people have worked and prayed and fasted and listened intensely to the Spirit and what they say is true.  I can hold on to those words and claim the mentioned blessings or try new approaches to old things that I've tried and not been successful in or obtain an entirely new perspective of a situation in my own life that I'm seeking solutions/direction for or an unexpected tender mercy of the unexpected remark/scripture/comment that just grabs my heart and tenderness just washes over me.

I enjoy hearing of changes in callings and sustaining the General Authorities and hearing where new Temples are going to be built and hearing all the stats that pertain to all sorts of goings on.  I look forward to seeing how they approach the happenings in the world and how much talk time they give to discussion or lack of discussion, of the corruption/lack of morals etc. in the world. 

I'm a believer.  I like the continuity of things and yet I also enjoy hearing of changes that are new/far-reaching/ and improve the way things are done or handled.  I like the comfort of consistency and the old-fashion-edness of so many things.

With that being said...I like the stability of Priesthood in charge and conducting and yes...it's fine with me if they say all the prayers.  IF a woman did say a prayer at General Conference...it would not bother me.  It would not be a "big deal" to me.  It would just be interesting to note that I heard that first prayer when that changed in who says prayers.  It used to be that women did not say prayers at Sacrament meetings.  Now they do.  Change is interesting and keeps the Church alive, and on course, with what the Lord desires.

My struggle/frustration/irritation is knowing these women that want this, women-to-pray at- conference,  have an agenda.  They want women to have the Priesthood and do everything-now a responsibility of men with the Priesthood.  This bothers me because changes in the Church come from the top down.  Not the bottom up.  No matter how high the designer shoe with it's stiletto heel, they are still only a few inches elevated.  That mere smidgen of elevation is still minuscule/totally irrelevant in giving revelation to the entire Church.  Any time changes/supposed advances in Church procedures, comes at demand/request, from the wearer of those high heels then it's skewed.  I heard that the feminists hope, in 2 years, for women to have the Priesthood.  I'm not sure which LDS feminist group said that.  Joanna Brooks?

Anyhow that is not the Lord's way.  Protests/rallying/personal agendas/forming groups-- will never open the heavens for revelation for the entire Church.  It's not in the plan.  The authorities receive revelation and don't spend time poring over suggestions/grievances/petitions, to base making overall changes.

Revelation....how amazing and awesome and wonderful!!!!

***************************************
http://acandlestick.blogspot.com/2012/12/knicker-knots.html
*******************************************

Who receives revelations and commandments for the entire Church today?
 
President Joseph F. Smith and his counselors in the First Presidency taught: “The Lord has … appointed one man at a time on the earth to hold the keys of revelation to the entire body of the Church in all its organizations, authorities, ordinances and doctrines. The spirit of revelation is bestowed upon all its members for the benefit and enlightenment of each individual receiving its inspiration, and according to the sphere in which he or she is called to labor. But for the entire Church, he who stands at the head is alone appointed to receive revelations by way of commandment and as the end of controversy” (in James R. Clark, comp., Messages of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 6 vols. [1965–75], 4:270)

***************************************

How to prepare for General Conference


 

No comments: