Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tuesday thanks!

My entire Tuesday was wonderful!

~A solo trip to the Temple...more on that later.

~Seeing a sister we VT...stopped by her house.  didn't see her at the Temple.

~Had an interesting Stake RS Presidency meeting and enjoyed being with the sisters I work with.

~Attended my home ward activity night and just had a wonderful time.  Plus got to hold Emma's sweet new baby Melanie!  All sorts of things.  just as Emma described on her today I'm thankful for "delicious desserts",  Great stories of Christmas and keeping Christ in Christmas and then demo's on divinity, micro-wave fudge, hot Chocolate or hot vanilla drink mixes and easy to decorate cupcakes.  Tasting and recipes and specialness of Spirit abounded.

~~~Before I'd gone to my Stake Meeting our son Greg, from KS, called.  I always enjoy talking with him and felt bad to scoot and not visit very long.

That set me off to missing my children and their families and I was so nostalgic.  I was reduced to tears when I read what my daughter wrote for the world at large to see!....

I miss my family. My crazy brothers, my adorable mom and dad, the memories of crisp cold Thanksgivings in Alaska, making snow tunnels, spinning brodies on Beluga Lake, a warm fireplace, Moms special way of putting love and comfort in food, Dads strange oyster loaf that no one liked but always took an obligatory spoonful, the laughter, the games, the teasing. Each family member is so priceless. It was such a short window that we were able to share together before we spread all over the USA. Today I'm thankful for memories of the past, when our family of 7 shared the same roof. Happy Thanksgiving, count your blessings xoxox








No comments: