Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

All day Wednesday was so busy.  Lots of things to do.  By choice.  Amidst all the busy-ness, a constant in the back of my mind that easily brings tears, is the memory of my children when they were all home at the same time.  I've said, many times...if I could have one moment back with my family, it would be when all 5 children lived at home.  That period of time is brief, yet it seems endless in the moment, and can never be repeated or ever recreated.  It's a time of preciousness no matter the happenings while all were there.

Today I thought of Saturday morning cartoons and them eating cold cereal, with each snuggled up in a blanket in the living room....warm fires and reading books out loud.

We had a couch that we'd driven into Anchorage to purchase.  We ended up with a huge couch called a "conversation pit".  I was wanting to buy separate sections to create such a "U" shaped area but they had one already for sale.  It had 4 corner square sections and 3 to fill in or was it 5?  They were really large sections and the fabric was soft like a stuffed animal, comfy and wore like iron.  It never wore out and it sure got a workover!!

One day my boys dissected the sectional and tipped them on their sides and put blankets over the top and created a maze fort.  They had so much fun doing that.  They did that more than once!

I miss my children being young but I love my children being older.

This year I'm so thankful for my life experience, my family, The Gospel, being an American, my friends, the bounties of my life.  I am sooooooo......blessed.

I am also thankful for each of you!!!!   I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.


No comments: