Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Not as Planned

The day was planned for quite some time.  It would be tight but it would work out.  

Morning as usual then start the plan.

1) Go to bank.  

2) Stop by market (I like the sound of that so much better than where I actually went...grocery store) to pick up items for the Corn Casserole I was going to make and take for the dinner at the Stake RSP home scheduled for 6:30.


3) Stop at Western Garden to pick up the 2 gifts, under $10, for the gift exchange at the party.

4) On to my 1:20pm long scheduled, overdue, rather routine Dr. Appointment, dovetailed with having my leg/knee peeked at. 


5) Pick up Rx


6) Come home and quickly put casserole together and bake it 1 hour.  Grab it and leave for the dinner party by 5:30pm.


7) Enjoy festivities and return home for a good nights sleep.


Things were on schedule until #3.  I felt so bad because Western Garden-98953 was having $$ problems and the owner said....I just now decided to mark everything off 50% for the next two weeks.  I bought a couple of cookbooks for my party presents.  Then decided to give them to my sister for her birthday.  I then chose 2 pair of handmade Native American type earrings and decided I'd give those.  I listened to the plight of the owner and my heart went out to her.  picked out a couple of more items and headed to....


#4- I visited to long, I lingered over choices, I dillyed, I dallied.  At store.  Plus I forgot the car clock is off because of something Terry fixed and didn't reset it to the correct time.  I walk in and I'm LATE for my Dr. appointment.  22 minutes late!  I start to apologize sincerely, profusely, somewhat desperate.  I'm never late blah blah blah.  She checks clock and says...sorry.  you are 7 minutes over the allowed 15 minutes.  Let me see if they can still take you.... she rings the back, explains my truancy and hangs up. looks at me and says  ....You will have to wait for awhile...  Even on the best of days don't we all "wait for awhile" at the Dr.'s?


Then Dr. decides to run blood work, even though I'm not fasting.  Not my favorite thing to be jabbed and drained.  Even with a fine needle she explains....Hmmm.  We don't want to give blood do we?  I poke and it starts to bruise.  Hmmm....  Dr. also decides to do knee xray.  talks about other appointments that need to be made.  follow-up appointments etc. etc.


Finally I'm out of there and dash for Rx.  rushed but hey!!, on schedule still.  a bit tighter than planned.  Maybe casserole can squeak by with 45 minutes of baking?


Dash home.  Throw it together. Start the baking.  Terry ready.  Me ready.  GPS set.  Grab Corn dish.  He says....You have car keys?  Me...Yes.  Dash out to car to open trunk and oh, no!!!!  The GPS plug-in cord felt just like my keys hooked over my fingers!!  We are now locked out of house, car, garage.  (please no judgement here.  I am sure I hid a key but I'm not sure where it is)


This is not a pleasant scene.  I am questioned as to why I thought the GPS cord with it's plug-in was the car keys etc. etc.  I try and counter attack with-- when he changed the doorknobs and got new keys why didn't he hide one (although in my heart I knew I was the one that was going to do it)

(In the midst of this brouhaha, as I come back home from next door, Julianna arrives with a plate of yummy cookies, hears the story, visits a bit, opens her car door to leave and there sits her hubby!  Had no clue he was just sitting there with nary a greeting from us!  Sorry Phillip!)


Long story short.  Terry tore the front door trim and bent some things and you could stand outside and see inside. Terry stayed home and fixed the damage as best he could.  True, there is no doorknob tonight but he will do that tomorrow, along with, hopefully, putting up some new trim.

I ended up going by myself to some location in the Yakima hills that was a million miles from nowhere.  I bet it's a gorgeous sight in the daylight. I really love my GPS.  I got a bit lost in spite of it but only momentarily. I had received directions but still needed the GPS. It was well worth the effort to go and not feel totally humiliated by being an hour late! 

Everything was fixed in the loveliest of ways.  Gorgeous!  Beautiful Christmas decorations.  Everywhere.  Nativity collections artfully placed everywhere.  Wherever you sat, wherever you looked, it was magazine perfect. Details. Details.  Finery.  Beautiful pale blue china plates with white snowflakes and glasses and food and then more food and then even more food.  All homemade and delicious!


A warm and gracious couple.  Filled with hospitality and generosity.  
Genuine people. This backdrop of beauty & order was a wonderful setting for them as they shared the children's pictures on the wall and who was oldest to youngest and where they each lived.  You knew the most important thing in their life is their family and the Gospel is at the center of their home.


Tomorrow will go as planned.  (I hope)

PS- Cathy was the hit of the evening with her 3-piece homemade nativity sets and she made each of us one.  Of the 3 women, Cathy had never pierced her ears.  Jane's had closed.  Toni doesn't wear very long earrings.  So my long earrings for pierced ears were not really desirous.  I'd thought I'd help that lady at the store!  Toni ended up with both sets!!  I cornered her in the kitchen, told her I'd take them back, and gave her a book on cupcake making (that was for Dixie's birthday) and she was happy.  tomorrow I'll return the earrings and get another cookbook!

The End. 

No comments: