Monday, November 7, 2011

My Weekend

Saturday was spent with 300+ women at our Stake Women's Conference.  What an undertaking for those involved in the months of planning and then carrying it out.  So much work!!  In the Church we function with all effective work being a labor of love.  And this was a lot of love!

One of my favorite things in my Church life is associating with the RS women.  I love to hear them chatter and laugh and also to be spiritual and sometimes even teary in expressing their feelings and trying to convey those emotions.  The Spirit comes through, as a testifier, in their testimonies and teaching moments.


The weekend was filled with those kinds of moments.  The Spirit was really felt.  It's always so amazing how individually or collectively, we can experience something that just grabs our souls, and maybe others in attendance, feel that same feeling.  Trying to explain or describe a spiritual feeling/experience, to someone that was not in on that shared event, just never seems to convey what we want them to feel.  Words may describe spiritual feelings but it's not usually powerful enough to make us feel as if we were there. 

I felt like that during Fast and Testimony meeting.  The Spirit was so strong in the room and I was enjoying the beautiful heartfelt testimonies.  15 minutes before the end of the meeting, I abruptly got up as planned, and exited with Jane, one of the Stake RS Counselors, as we were assigned to go to visit a Branch. Later my husband was telling me how wonderful the meeting had been and 4 Priests had borne their testimonies.  He tried to tell me how great that was.  I was happy about it.  I love those boys and was thrilled for them but I could not feel what Terry was feeling. 


After meeting with the Spanish Branch we rushed back to our home Ward as the new RSPresidency was being oriented and I'd also been given a small assignment, to bear my testimony about RS for 5 minutes.  When I walked in the room the Spirit was so strong.  Because of my jigging and jagging, I wasn't as settled as I would like to have been.  It was obvious that these women had all experienced the same feelings and it carried over from Sacrament to RS.  It was beautiful.  The incoming RSPresidency  shared their feelings with such sweetness, sincerity, and spirit.  It was a tender time.


The Branch I visited was precious.  a few Spanish sisters meeting on the stage.  The non-Spanish RSP, was filled with love as she encouraged these women to do their VT.  In turn her counselors and secretary gave their talks also.  True I do not speak Spanish but also true...I could feel the Spirit of those few women, feel their love and could tell they were inviting these women to do their VT, with love like the Savior has for them.


Today I felt reminded of the importance of living the Gospel to where you feel the Spirit, attending meetings on a regular basis and the uniting factor of all women through the greatness of Relief Society.  I love RS!

No comments: