Monday, November 21, 2011

Jerusalem

One of the perks of working in Stake RS is attending events and meeting people that you've never had the chance to meet before.  Friday I was at a Single Adult Thanksgiving dinner and I enjoyed becoming acquainted with Sharon & her husband, from 6th Ward. (The same Ward that Abby moved to!)   

She teaches Seminary and I love all things about early morning Seminary (except for the time slot!!) so we really hit it off.  In the course of conversation it turns out that her son, Jarom, had been at the BYU Study Abroad program in Jerusalem as had 2 of my children!  

Our son and daughter went years ago, on separate years, and it was a fantastic experience for them and for us as parents.  They attended when the building was not in place and things were very rustic so to speak.  They had marvelous experiences.  This was long before computers were in every household and the word blog didn't even exist!  

Jarom is of the newer generation and today I want to share his blog of those few months he was living where the Savior lived.  Walking where He walked.  Eating food that He did.  Seeing sites where great events transpired.  Jarom has pictures and his first hand observations on his blog.  It covers from April-August. Posts are brief and pictures are great!!!    Enjoy!!! 

about Jarom.... 
I grew up on an apple farm in Central Washington. I have 3 brothers and great parents! In high school I did track, musicals, and student government. I currently attend Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, am majoring in Exercise Science and hope to go to dental school!
www.jarominjerusalem.blogspot.com
                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarom's Jerusalem experience reminded me of the first Ward Choir I sang in, Anchorage 1st Ward.  We sang the song, I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked, as one of the selections.  I'd never heard it before and I remember tears, lots of tears, as I heard this sung for the first time.  

I walked today where Jesus walked,
In days of long ago.
I wandered down each path He knew,
With reverent step and slow.

Those little lanes, they have not changed,
A sweet peace fills the air.
I walked today where Jesus walked,
And felt His presence there.

My pathway led through Bethlehem,
Ah! mem'ries ever sweet
The little hills of Galilee,
That knew those childish feet

The Mount of Olives, hallowed scenes,
That Jesus knew before
I saw the mighty Jordan roll,
As in the days of yore.

I knelt today where Jesus knelt,
Where all alone he prayed.
The Garden of Gethsemane,
My heart felt unafraid.

I picked my heavy burden up,
And with Him by my side
I climbed the Hill of Calvary,
I climbed the Hill of Calvary,
I climbed the Hill of Calvary,
Where on the Cross He died!

I walked today where Jesus walked,
And felt Him close to me.
 

No comments: