Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Packets of Light

Had I heard right?  I'd never ever heard that said before.  I'd heard the talk at October Conference.  I promptly got caught up in all the other talks and Elder Scott's talk was the 2nd talk given in two days of hearing speakers so the talk sort of slipped out of my mind.  I just sit and absorb what is said the first time through and think of what would be so great to discuss in RS.  I jot down names and put stars by those type of talks. 

Later I got online and read the General RS Meeting talks.  Then I read the Priesthood talks.  Then I kind of dabbled and read the Church News.  Then the Ensign arrived and that was when the Bishop issued our Ward challenge to read all of the Conference talks by next April and handed out our check lists.  

My husband and I decided to watch one talk each day on our TV, as we'd recorded them for that purpose.  Not in any order but just sort of at random.  That is when that question of ....did I hear him right?  I've never heard that said before!  jumped into my mind again!

I had the feeling of excitement and confirmation that what Elder Scott had said was true and got goose bumps when I re-checked the Ensign and read....

Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope, and a restoration of confidence in one’s ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing.

Over the years I'd learned many promises are associated with reading the scriptures on a daily/regular basis so I was familiar and believed the first 1-1/2 sentences. ( Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope,...)    The rest of sentence 2 and 3 & 4 were like gigantic rays of light to me.  ...and a restoration of confidence in one’s ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing.

What a promised gift!!  I'd never heard a talk stating those details. The Spirit testified to me that Elder Scott is indeed one of His Apostles and that what he'd said was absolute truth.  How amazing and incredible to think that reading and pondering scripture, even a passage, is so strong that I can have .

1)-a restoration of confidence in my ability to overcome the challenges of life.  
2)- potent power to heal my emotional challenges when I have faith in the Savior. 
3)-they can accelerate my physical healing!

My heart is just filled with gratitude for Elder Scott and his prayerful preparation and inspiration in sharing The Power of Scripture   Read it below and see how it impacts you.  I know these words of his are true.  The Spirit has let me know that fact.  

Beautiful promises!! Makes me teary and my joy is tremendous with the hope of these words.  Elder Scott said...


Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high.
                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope, and a restoration of confidence in one’s ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing.
  
 http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/the-power-of-scripture?lang=eng

No comments: