Friday, November 4, 2011

TWO Books!

In response to yesterday's Steamed! blog, Chelle sent this comment that I've enjoyed thinking about all day!!

Do you suppose that the quiet acts of obedience, kindness, charity will also be revealed?

I say a definite yes, don't you!?  I recently received a card from a former Seminary student that I taught when she was 14 and she's now probably 36. She mentioned some shared experiences that I'd forgotten and some good feelings that I wasn't aware she had.  I think that's how a part of judgement will be, when we have the pleasant experience of having those details brought to our attention.  Deeds done and long forgotten.  That's my take on it!

I thought of the "two books" scripturally mentioned.  
the BD says this about the .....
Book of Life.
Spoken of in Philippians 4:3.  
In one sense the book of life is the sum total of one's thoughts and actions- 
the record of his life.  
However, the scriptures indicate that 
a heavenly record is kept of the faithful, 
whose names are recorded, 
as well as an account of their righteous deeds. 
(there are many scriptures mentioned also.  pg. 626 in the Bible) 

A blessing of modern revelation is found in Section 128:6,7  and gives a lot of insight and understanding about each of us having a record kept on earth and a record kept in heaven.  Those are the books that will be used at judgement.  I have always found that so interesting and have thought of it as a check and balance system.  It helps me to understand and value the gift of repentance and trying to stay on the path because I cannot fake my way into heaven!!  I could pull the wool over peoples eyes perhaps, to a certain extent.  Lie and cover up my conduct if I wanted.  But ultimately that record book kept in Heaven needs to be a 2nd witness to my earthlife book.  And I always think of the validity of 2 witnesses establishing a truth and that makes sense again of the importance of just doing the best I can, with who I am and what I do.  Well, that is my take on it!

We have hymn 96 that tell us...
holy angels watch your actions night and day,
And they keep a faithful record
Of the good and bad you say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have Section 62:3....
...ye are blessed, 
for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven 
for the angels to look upon; 
and they rejoice over you,
and your sins are forgiven you.
~~~~~~~~~
I really like Section 128:6,7, don't you?  Look up it up again and read it.  It's neat!
~~~~~~

Charity

There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it ill behooves any of us
To find fault with the rest of us.
              
                                             --Unknown

No comments: