Thursday, November 3, 2011

Steamed!

Our furnace decided to stop working and who knows why these things happen.  The temperature has dropped outdoors making it a bit chilly in the early morning.  The warm shower felt awesome and the large mirror was steamed over, hazy looking. Like dust.  I grabbed a dry cloth and reaching up I saw something up at the top of the mirror.  I cocked my head to see if I could get a clearer picture and then I saw...a drawn heart followed by the letter U and then Mom followed by 3 exclamation marks.

Love U Mom!!!

Written in red lipstick a summer or so ago  by my daughter.  At some point she had very sneakily done that and I found it later after I returned from taking the girls and her to the airport.  I left it for a long time but eventually cleaned it off.
I was startled to see that residue, long forgotten and hidden- as long as steam didn't reveal it. 
~~~~~~~~~~~

I washed a load of white laundry in super hot water and when I came to take them out, the back door with it's 9 little windows, was steamed over, revealing previous strokes of trying to wipe it down and make it shine.

~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to the counter and turned to pick something up and my line of vision caught the front of my black dishwasher.  The light shining on it revealed a less than shiny front.  A few minutes before it had appeared spotless.  Faded water lines were now revealed running down the front .  

~~~~~~~~~~

As I wiped the mirror, the panes, the dishwasher front- I thought of how startled I'd been to see what was hidden.  All was well and appeared okay until either steam or light, revealed the real truth, of what was lurking below the outward appearance.

Oh, my!  Is that a description of myself??!!  


Doctrine & Covenants Section 1 synopsis, reads at the first part...

The voice of warning is to all people...

Section 1:3 ....
And the rebellious shall be pierced with much sorrow; 
for their iniquities shall be spoken upon the housetops, 
and their secret acts shall be revealed.



No comments: