Friday, November 18, 2011

Whatever Is--Is Best


 WHATEVER IS--IS BEST

I know, as my life grows older,
                  And mine eyes have clearer sight,
                    That under each rank wrong somewhere
      There lies the root of Right;
       That each sorrow has its purpose,
               By the sorrowing oft unguessed;
                 But as sure as the sun brings morning,
               Whatever is--is best.

I know that each sinful action,
                 As sure as the night brings shade,
         Is somewhere, sometime punished,
           Tho' the hour be long delayed.
I know that the soul is aided
                 Sometimes by the heart's unrest,
         And to grow means often to suffer--
          But whatever is--is best.

I know there are no errors,
   In the great Eternal plan,
And all things work together
     For the final good of man.
                          And I know when my soul speeds onward,
      In its grand Eternal quest,
               I shall say as I look back earthward,
             Whatever is--is best.
                                                                
                                                                          by  Ella Wheeler Wilcox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"As you overcome adversity in your life,
You will become stronger.  
Then you will be better able to help others--
those who are working, in their turn to find a safe harbor
from the storms that rage about them."
                                                               --by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin (2002)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin....Come What May and Love It  (2008)

http://lds.org/liahona/2008/11/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng&query=come+may+love

No comments: