Thursday, October 31, 2019

plowing my ground

Thank you for reading my blog.  This morning, as I continue to figure out how to apply what President Nelson said about the 25th Article of Faith to my life...my thoughts turned to this blog.  You are to be commended because...it's not eye-appealing or catchy or trendy or splashy or vying for attention along with the zillions of other blogs out there.  

Why isn't it updated from 8 years ago?  One thing is...I don't know how!  Then my precious red camera (if a camera can be precious...it was!) gave up the ghost AND my phone, that new phone that I seem to stubbornly refuse to figure out, just sits.  unused.  My 2 main excuses!

This blog is about my thoughts on my life and my take on the Gospel in my life.  So it makes sense that it's going to be looking book-like at first glance and actually all glances after that!  

Visually...I will learn to use the phone for pictures but not much else will change!

This is on my mind because of my studying that 25th Section and deciding that my little plain blog, that I have all tucked away and pretty much hid, is something that I do need to continue to do.

What an amazing thing to have President Nelson ask us to study prayerfully Section 25 of the Doctrine and Covenants...and to figure out for each of us what we should do to access the power of God in our own lives!  How exciting is that invitation????

I've always like this section.  I've enjoyed my study so far and intend to endeavor doing as he counseled.  For me, well, at least for me so far, I feel to pay attention to and be more alert to... 

vs.5- husband- comfort. aid in afflictions. consoling words. be compassionate. kind. meekness.  also vs.14-delight in husband
vs.7-Expound scriptures.  Exhort.
vs.8-Writing. Learning much.
vs.10-Lay aside the things of this world.  Seek for things of a better.
vs.12-The song of the righteous is a prayer unto me.
vs.13-Rejoice. Cleave unto my covenants
vs.14-Meekness. Beware of pride.
vs.15-Keep commandments continually.

I'm seeking to understand what the Lord would have me know and do...as President Nelson requested.  I now have a basic outline of feelings about Section 25.  Now I'll move on to creating a sketchy outline for those other two sections.  84 and 107.  very lengthy.  very Priesthoody to me.  I need to just dive in.  Not familiar sections to me.  Nothing off hand pops into my head like the 25th did. 
******************
Part of President Nelsons talk....
You won’t find this process spelled out in any manual. The Holy Ghost will be your personal tutor as you seek to understand what the Lord would have you know and do. This process is neither quick nor easy, but it is spiritually invigorating. What could possibly be more exciting than to labor with the Spirit to understand God’s power—priesthood power?
What I can tell you is that accessing the power of God in your life requires the same things that the Lord instructed Emma and each of you to do.
So, I invite you to study prayerfully section 25 of the Doctrine and Covenants and discover what the Holy Ghost will teach you. Your personal spiritual endeavor will bring you joy as you gain, understand, and use the power with which you have been endowed.






    No comments: