Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Making my list....

I know I say it every year...at least it seems so!...but this Conference was the best ever, don't you think?  I'm making a list of what I want to accomplish by next April Conference.  So much anticipation on so many levels.  I ordered a copy of The Hobbit today...will see what else makes the reading list but Elder Uchtdorf's relating the story made me want to read it.  I'll make a list of reads and re-reads.  Read the Book of Mormon and mark the references to Christ.  I read it on that last challenge with the quick read and confess that I did not mark those references as had been suggested/requested but I will this time.  So far- I'll be reading the Pearl of Great Price-the Joseph Smith account of First Vision...watching the Book of Mormon  videos...study sections 25 and 84 and 107...and on and on.  I really have no idea exactly what all I want to do or what will actually happen but I will fill my personal spiritual 6 month work-order based on the recent Conference talks.  I find it exciting!

********
Terry's appointment today got moved to later in the week and I will let you know when all of the tests are done and what the result is.

*************

This morning, I was thinking of how lives can change in handling serious health issues...our own or other family members.  I was thinking of lack of sleep sometimes around here and also thinking of one of the Conference talks that mentioned about cutting things back or cutting things out. (I can't remember who said it but something like that was said and it really hit me.  I'll find it when I get into studying.)  Anyhow I was thinking of things that might need to be changed for me...by me.  I like to set an alarm and get up quite early for quiet private time to think and ponder and pray and study and etc.  As I mulled things over in my thoughts about lack of sleep at times, I thought...I'll stop setting the alarm and just get up when I wake up.  The instant that thought occurred, the Spirit said very clearly...Continue to set your alarm and get up early.  Then immediately I just started having tears galore!  I acknowledged that I would continue to set my alarm.

I figure I'll be told when to stop using the alarm but until then...I'm setting my alarm and doing as I've done in the past. 

Besides that, I can go back to bed if I need a bit of a snooze!  Unless I'm told to stay up!!


No comments: