Sunday, September 3, 2017

Memories...

Grandchildren are so wonderful!  We have 5 granddaughters and one Great-granddaughter.  4 of our Granddaughters and our one Great-grand was at out recent family reunion.  (I'm still trying to get this picture stuff back to working and my camera!)  This is a picture that was taken after they did a song, written by our sweet gr-gr Ava.  she is the little one in the picture below.

Britta-Grace-Ava-Tori-Cassie
It is tricky business to have families stay united when each of our children are so incredibly different and yet we are family.  Love is the answer.  No purer love exists than between a Grandparent and their grandchildren.

The two candid shots below are Cassie and her Poppa.  I looked across the room and saw them deep in conversation and honestly love just exuded.  I hoped I could capture it without notice and breaking the spell.  I love how they turned out.

This reunion was so special for Cassie.  She has now graduated from College and is already employed.  She told her employer that she needed 10 days off right at the beginning of her job and they gave it to her.

Every moment was so special and we just absorbed it all.  We knew it was the end of summers as we've known them.  Every single year of her nearly 21 years she has spent summers with us.  She and her Mother and sister, Tori, fly from Florida to Washington and we play all summer!

That makes this picture all the more precious.  I see the pureness of her love and the adoration of her Grandfather.  Each year when they leave we determine to shed no tears.  This year there was sobbing.  Heart wrenching hugs and loves.  Memories to last forever and no regrets on time well spent but oh, my we will miss those summer days.

Can't you just reach in and take a scoop of her love?  Love my CassieGirl!

Cassie and her Poppa
Love!
***************************************************

My 20 somethings!  Britta-Tori-Cassie

This past week a new memory was made with Britta.  She moved from Kansas to Utah a year ago.  She recently got a Jeep (her pride and joy) and came to visit us.  She has never been here alone so it was a grand adventure and we had the best time.  She is kind and compassionate and that helps her be successful in Home Healthcare although she is getting into college and music so that type of work will lessen as she finds other employment.  

We ate popcorn/street tacos/cold cereal for some repeat fancy dinners!  
We organized bookcase/fabric closet/dishes/pans.  
We did a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Well, actually I helped sort and she started putting it together as I watched.  She is really good at them!  She took it home to finish!  
We played 5 Crowns and for those of you that play...I got zero points one game!!  That happened to me in 2015 also.  Anyhow...brag brag but it was really fun and exciting!  
She brought a bouquet of flowers when she arrived which was sweet of her to do.  
She played the piano for us and sang.  Loved that.  She had learned a song that her Grandpapa asked her to.  Beautiful!  She forgot her sheet music and actually played by using her phone to read the music!  
And we binge watched show after show of Downton Abbey!  Plus a few Agatha Christie Mysteries including Witness for the Prosecution!! Such a thriller!!
Plus we talked lots and lots about lots and lots of things!!!

We had such an enjoyable time!!!  Marvelous!!  (wish I had pictures!)

**********************

I will really miss the RS manuals as the new program goes into effect in January.  One day it dawned on me that I have no RS connection as far as classes go...I have no clue what the happenings are in there.  At first I had read the RS lessons and kept current and then slowly I just got more and more into my Laurel lessons and less and less with RS lesson manual.  Just a slow floating away and then a dash of cold water when I realized...I don't even have a clue what President is being studied!  I decided to read all of them and started in. I think I'm on my 4th one now.

I'm really enjoying them and you know I'm gah-gah over all things authoritative from General Authorities!  My insides are filled with the same enthusiasm of screaming music concert fans!  all for the Good News!  The Word!  The Spirit fills me and testifies it is true!  Love it!  Anyhow way overboard for my passion of reading Doctrine!  These little quick read books are like a gold mine...they have gleaned several quotes on a single subject for each Chapter and they are true and powerful.  Did I say...I love it!?  Maybe I already mentioned this before?















No comments: