Sunday, September 10, 2017

Chapter Book-Afterword

So...things are much better and I cancelled the PityParty and also splashed a dash of icy water in my face to snap me out of my Co-D attitude.

**********************

1st son found a mattress (after trying all sorts) that will alleviate some of his pain!!  He is returning yet another mattress in his quest for seeking sleep and finding a snippet of relief (2 failed back surgeries!).  so the Purple Mattress failed the test for him but he found a Serta from Sears with a remote that much like Goldilocks bed...was the best!  Yes!!

********************

2nd son has some new Rx and a measure of hope that he can overcome his challenges.  He has a plan in place and will do his plan.

Both of them are optimistic and determined and that is way over half the battle, don't you think???

**************************

Oldest Grandson has a pool now.  above ground but he should still be able to get some use plus his Dad (son #1) is going to show him the Sears Serta and maybe he can get some sleep and relief also from his surgeries after that bike accident a year ago and help in his healing.

*******************************

I'm thinking I found something for my Viking that will be entertaining/interesting/fun to share and get him out of constant news/indexing etc.  Yes, he listens to a lot of Church things also.  But he really has no social life and interaction except with me.  I told him about Downton Abbey and he has agreed to give it a try.  This will be a fun experience IF it actually takes place in the really watching it.  It will be something we can visit about etc.  It gives me hope in providing him something beyond health issues and we have the whole kit and caboodle of the series as our Granddaughter Britta got us set up.  Are you as curious as me on how this goes?  It's a mystery all ready!!  

***********************

You gotta love a son that decides that something isn't right and goes and buys a wrist BP cuff to check things out!  BP is fine.  actually great!  I will go see Dr. on Thursday but I'm feeling my own normal and that feels very good!!

Today at Church I had a mini-meltdown when it hit me the bridge was closed and Jeanee was now unable to leave the island, even if she wanted to.  Of course she couldn't travel on the bridge when the wind gusts are high anyhow.  I let loose of those blocked up tears and was comforted by my angel friend Chelle.  

I sat there weeping and she knew just what to say and do as she sat very close, held my hand, put her arm around me.  I felt so loved and cared for.  She knows my love of hymns and she quietly turned to the one that was running through my mind, Master the Tempest is Raging.  She pointed to several pertinent stanza's.  Very comforting and very empowering and a reminder that it really pays to know people so we can rescue them in times of need and also that we can cry and not cause them alarm. 

Tears are so wonderfully healing.

Being the recipient of compassion is also so healing and strenthening.  Such an expression genuine love!

So I'm back in the saddle again!!

************************

Jeanee is now without power.  Remember she lives on Merritt Island.  They are as prepared as they can be.  Now all of the Floridians are at the whim of Irma and she may be fickle and shift and change.  Jeanee is concerned about a small pond beyond their backyard fence.  Her husband feels it's okay.  Her Daddy is concerned about the coming storm surge.  

Years ago when she was in high school, for some long forgotten reason, I used the term an ominous sense of foreboding, she and her best friend, Jim, laughed themselves silly over that expression.  Today she said that was a perfect description of what is happening right now emotionally.  All of the unknowns!!! 

Also it's very difficult when people make their decisions- to stay or to leave,  and then people criticize and name call.  I support whatever each felt was right for them, except for the crazies that are playing at beaches and on docks.  No one will get by unscathed .  It will impact all.  Even those of us clear across the USA and living here in WA.  Like me!

Prayers ascending.  Not praying for a shifting of Irma to where others are more on target for disaster and making it better for her little family of 4.  Just praying for heavenly help for everyone.

She's on Merritt Island and land fall will hit 2am her time and around 11 pm our time.  


*****************************

Praying for the preservation and protection of the two Temples in Florida.
A view of the front entrance to the Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple, with a reflecting pool on the temple grounds.
Fort Lauderdale-- Florida Temple

The front of the Orlando Florida Temple, with a vibrant blue sky and fluffy white clouds above and palm trees growing on either side of the temple.
Orlando-- Florida Temple

No comments: