Friday, September 29, 2017

Circling the Wagons

good Morning! Tomorrow is the big day and we embark on Conference binge!  I'm so looking forward to it.  I should say we, as we both are fans of seeing it as it happens.  Feeling privileged that we have no obligations other than readying ourselves with floor vacuumed and house presentable and food in readiness and a tablet for me if I feel to jot notes down.  Menu has changed from Lasagna to meatloaf.  Something that can just be eaten as it's prepared in advance.  Hubby wants vanilla ice cream also (always the adventurer in flavors!)

I'm expecting to hear lots about reaching out in more service and not judging folks and aligning ourselves more with the teachings of Christ.  Preparing ourselves without being preppers. Being in the world but not of the world.  Strength and power and protection of Gospel and inviting others to join us.  Living last days without fear. And angels and help beyond this sphere.  Oh, yes.  It's all been said over and over but this time there is an eagerness for General Conference.  I hear more people acknowledging they can hardly wait for tomorrow!

I wish they had the Women's talks available to read.  there is one line about service that I just loved.  I'll find it.

Probably, actually certainly is the correct word, for the fact that I feel I really lack in serving others.  I do my best, well, the best I can for Terry and I.  Trying to keep us going but I feel I lack serving helping others.  And...I know I can do something.

I've really been thinking and re-looking at the service the Savior gave.  The lessons I can learn.  Seeing how He made no excuses.  Knowing He would get so tired that He'd have to occasionally retreat to regenerate.  Noting how he didn't judge anyone for anything He just gave help.  He gave all in his power.

When refreshments ran low at the wedding party...He didn't say ...Why didn't you plan better?  Or when He told the story of the Good Samaritan who didn't say...You are in the wrong religion and I hate you. Instead, putting all prejudices aside he gave amazing service.

And the adulteress...by law could have been stoned to death and justice would have been served but instead ...let he who is without sin cast the first stone go thy way and sin no more. 

The people in Lehi's dream...high in the building, suspended in the air, without a foundation will eventually fall and fail it's inhabitants and yet them laughing and making fun of and pointing fingers at others and judging them by how they are living and being.  Do I judge like that?  Thinking I'm a bit better for some odd reason when I am so extremely ordinary?  Do I disdain in ways?

And then the biggie...withholding kindness and service and rescuing because of judging...you brought this on yourself!  It's a natural consequence of your choices.  Financially or relationship wise or poor judgment or whatever.  You did this to yourself.  It's justice.  It's not for me to assist/aid you. To me this can be family/friends/strangers but it is prevalent in my mind that Christ would have me not judge but help if I can.

And to remember...if I sincerely want to help, and can't, that my heartfelt desires will be noted.  As Peter walking on the water remained upright when focused, laser-visioned, on Christ and sunk when he started looking about at the storms swirling around, so it is with me.

The charge is a simple one...feed/clothe/visit/love.  And do it without judgment of deciding worthiness of recipient.  I'll start with Visiting Teaching!!  and my family and friends and neighbors!

I'm thinking we will be reminded and strengthened by knowing the wagons are being circled Churchwise and we can be protected and strengthened by Stakes and Wards and Temples and that will flow into our homes.

Circling the Wagons

1- "...providing for defense from circumstances that seem overwhelming"

2- "...usually suggests a group of peoples have to work together to protect themselves from some kind
of external danger."

*****************************

115:5 Verily I say unto you all: aArise and shine forth, that thy blight may be a cstandard for the dnations;
And that the agathering together upon the land of bZion, and upon her cstakes, may be for a defense, and for a drefuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be epoured out without mixture upon the whole earth.
Isa 25:For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.
****************************

“Knowing what we know, and living as we are supposed to live, there really is no place, no excuse, for pessimism and despair. …
“I promise you in the name of the Lord whose servant I am that God will always protect and care for his people. We will have our difficulties the way every generation and people have had difficulties. But with the gospel of Jesus Christ, you have every hope and promise and reassurance. The Lord has power over his Saints and will always prepare places of peace, defense, and safety for his people. When we have faith in God we can hope for a better world—for us personally, and for all mankind.”
President Howard W. Hunter, “An Anchor to the Souls of Men,” Ensign,Oct. 1993, 70.





No comments: