Monday, September 11, 2017

Whew!!

It was a long night but she and her family survived!  Their home is intact!  They have had no flooding!  They with many other Floridians have no power and they knew that would happen.  Power lines in their neighborhood are underground so they don't have that danger to contend with.  They will go exploring their area and see what all has transpired and take pictures sometime today.

Terry was up for hours last night concerned about the power surge and it's impact on the ocean and consequently them.  It appears from the sketchy information that we have that they were not affected.

When I heard that it had traveled over them and they had survived intact, it just left me rubber legged!  I was in bed at 4am when she contacted me last and just stayed there like a sodden log!  When I finally pulled myself out of bed, an hour ago, my eyes looked goth-like with Sunday mascara smeared.  Plus my hair was standing on end like some punk rocker.  It was enough to startle me awake!!

When I walked out of the bedroom I was greeted by sunlight!!  Bliss!!  We have had fog-like smoke daily so it was most welcome to see sunlight!  It is still smoky but at least we are getting a little break.  Of course the hymn lyrics... There is Sunshine in my Soul...begged to be read!  #227

*************************
Jeanee posted this note on FB

I went exploring down by my favorite place by the river. Its raging right now. Looks more like the ocean than a river. It's still super windy, road erosion on N. Banana Dr., a boat almost blown onto the road, flooding, Calema Windsurf storage unit got slammed and had canoes, kayaks, paddles and life jackets blown all over and through the trees. I saw several injured birds, so sad.
But, looks like everyone made it through intact and now the cleanup and volunteering starts. We have no power and water. Sending love out to those that have flooding and other damage. 💞 my heart goes out to the west coast. I'm just seeing the devastation.




2 comments:

Natalie Thompson said...

Like you, we watched the storm in safety here in Utah via the news and weather channel. My sister lives in Tallahassee, Florida and was without electricity yesterday as was my brother who lives in Thomasville, Georgia. My other sister lives west of Charleston, South Carolina and was inland enough. We survived Opal when we lived in Panama City, Florida before moving west to Utah. So glad your daughter and family are safe and that they were prepared for any eventuality! Now is the time for what Americans do best...love and care for each other in time of need!

Nancy Seljestad said...


It's hard to live through whether there or here! She has power but this morning they are still without water and that may last awhile as the officials have not yet figured out what happened and where.

I'm glad your family is okay.

Thank you, Natalie, for always caring! love you and your thoughtfulness!