Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stuff

Just got off the phone with my Floridan daughter.  They live on the East coast of Florida.  Near Cape Canaveral.  If you look at the eastern Florida coastline you will see a little triangle jutting out.  That is Merritt Island. That is where she lives.  They are prepared with food/water/car gassed up/plywood ready to cover windows/evacuation plan in mind (Scott's Aunt lives northward).

She is thankful to have her little family of 4 intact and also for Scott and his sensibility in preparedness and safety.  He is MrSafetyFirst.  He doesn't procrastinate in any area of his life and is always in readiness plus the guy is precautionary to the max.  Perhaps being responsible for Cruise ship safety measures aids him?!

IF last years big storm had hit they would have lost their home.  Same thing holds true this year.  Jeanee said that Scott had asked her what she wanted to pack to take if they evacuate.  Her answer?....Nothing. Except my computer.  

She told me...I'll probably grab a couple of sentimental things but the rest is just stuff.  I can always get more stuff.  

I look at all my stuff and think is this my child?!   When does stuff transfer to unwanted and unneeded junk?  Perhaps when you are part pack-rat/squirrel/selective hoarder-of-sorts?  Or when your thoughts can see a use for all items in an object lesson at Church so therefore bits and pieces of this and that are tucked/stacked/piled to overflowing?

This comes to mind especially since yesterday I was sorting through a box of just that sort of thing!  I'm always trying!!  Trying to get dejunked and organized!!  As always!

Wish I could post a picture of my treasures.  I don't call it trash.  I call it treasures!

By the way...IF you had to leave your house and evacuate...how much of your stuff would you take?


(Map of where my daughter is here  Scary!!!)

No comments: