Monday, August 28, 2017

As promised!

Surely you did not doubt me?  I can access these pictures now!  I'll share some of our family reunion get together.  Remember?...the event that I totally stressed out about and went to pieces over because of the fact that I wasn't ready and nothing was done as it usually is and blah blah blah.  

These are the beginning when Tori and Jeanee arrived from their trip to Alaska.  They had gone fishing and brought a box of frozen salmon (their own catch!) for our celebration dinner!

Our porch has been in sad need of rescue and to the rescue they went!  Between Kipper, Jeanee and Tori...they cleared the porch, repaired some water damaged wood, sanded and nailed and swept and worked up a lot of sweat!, refinished it with a deck covering paint, spray painted the wicker a dark green, put down a new small area rug and voila!, magically after all of their labor it looked LOVELY!
Oh, and Jeanee painted the front door dark green!

Jeanee then climbed up on roof and cleaned all of the gutters on house and garage plus trimmed the weeping birch branches off the roof.

I'm wondering if I got any pictures of Jeanee's hubby, Scott, doing all he did when he arrived from FL a few days later?  he replaced broken downspouts, fixed my clock, made sure smoke alarms were up to snuff, leveled washer and all sorts of small details begging for attention plus massive undertaking as he totally dejunked on the fence side of the garage.  And then when Greg arrived they did more things in the back behind the garage.  I hope I got some pictures of that!  Getting ahead of myself here!  Just wanted to share the beginning of the wonderfulness of adult children, and Grandchildren, that step up to the plate and take care of home business that obviously is in a state of neglect on some/many levels.















No pictures of finished porch?!  everything is so iffy with my camera etc. that I guess I don't have one.  I'll go see if I can take one!  (Took one and can't access it!  later!!!!)


No comments: