Sunday, December 4, 2016

Love

What a wonderful time of year!  Today's Sunday was so terrific with music and BYU-TV broadcasts to inspire and motivate and testimonies. 

We have a small choir in our Ward.  Yes!!  finally!  I'm so happy about that!

******
I'm thinking right now that the few decorations that are up are it for this year.  In my mind the memories of garlands/greenery/bows/"snow"/gold beads etc. will do for this year.  Well, right now I feel that way.  Time will tell if I go into more decorations mode!

needs a bit of white snow.  I admit that!

Love birds?- Terry and I!!

Sunlit and it looked so sweet!  I need batteries for the star!


****

I'm thinking about love right now.  A friend just became a Grandma for the 3rd time and she is so happy.  The young Mother is thrilled with her first born little son.  Love is so interesting as it can't be bought/taught but we all need love.  We need it and we need to give it.

When I had my firstborn little boy...I could not get enough of him.  I loved everything about him...even his baby breath.  I loved the way he'd arch his back and stretch his arms.  Truly he was the most adorable, most remarkable baby ever born!  No one else felt as much love as I did for this precious baby!!  I'd just hold him and watch him sleep and think there was no other baby like him.

And that of course was true but I was talking about how stupendous he was.  Not the fact he is one of a kind and unique in that way.

Then I had 2 more children and then we adopted two more.  I 100% gave my heart to these bitty humans that were mine to love and take care of!  I loved them all the same!

Of course it turns out...I'm not that unique...I don't have a monopoly on most amazing babies in the universe.  All Mothers feel that way!  Beyond that...So do Grandma's and Aunties.  Beyond that...friends, not even relatives, by the furthest stretch of imagination, yet they have the capacity to love children.  May as well put the entire group of Primary workers.

Love. Love. Love.

God is Love.  Mary gave birth to the Son of God.  I can understand her need as she kept all these things and pondered.  so much to take in and grasp in trying to understand the magnitude of what was entailed with her..be it unto me agreement.

I love the Savior.  My Savior.  Your Savior.  Our Savior.  The Savior of everyone!

*****

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

 Luke 2:19 But Mary kept all these things, and apondered them in her heart.

Enjoy reading Luke 1 and 2!!!  What a lot of details that she agreed to!


No comments: