Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Pearl Harbor

When my Mother gave birth to me she had an extremely difficult time.  The Doctor told her...No more babies.  It will take your life.  She decided that she did not want to raise a single child and felt she'd make it and got pregnant anyhow.  She did not tell the Dr. until it was to late for anything to be done.  I have no idea exactly what he would have done 75 years ago! 

75 years ago today, she was 8 days away from delivering her baby.  I can't even imagine her shock when this happened....

Pearl Harbor



Pearl Harbor!!  The bombing.  the beginning of World War 2!!  In the midst of all that chaos in our world and most especially our country, she delivered my sister.  Yes, it was a tough rough time for her but she survived.  My sister survived.  Our country survived.

People didn't fight each other in the USA...they fought together for the USA.  Thank heavens there are brave soldiers that protect our land.  AND thank heavens there are brave women that have babies!

This is the first birthday that Dixie is not here.  This year she is with Mother and Daddy in another sphere.  I miss her so much.

At this sacred time of remembering the birth of the Savior...let's remember that He makes all of the tragedy in the world at large and the personal losses in our own small worlds survivable.

**************************
Oh, I just remembered this 2012 post  here   similar but details of what I remember as a little girl.

No comments: