Tuesday, December 13, 2016

It's white outside! still.

Snow day at schools here so there was havoc on the roads.  I stayed home.  Again.  I shoveled quite a lot of snow and then came in and thought...it's okay.  if I need to get the car out...I can.  So I came in the house.  Later I looked out and the entire driveway was done and the car window cleaned off.  Turns out the teen, across the street, that lives with his grandparents came over and did the deed!  Still later, Hank, a man that is an angel unlike any man ever as far as rendering service, came over and did the snow on the other side of the car.  I was so surprised when he came to the door.  People are just so very VERY nice. 

I did something that seemed so right and then after all the kindnesses rendered to us, I doubted my judgment for a bit.  I sent this to my children today...

So we are giving $$ to the Union Gospel Mission to feed 78 people.  It will be from the Seljestad Family on the donation slip.  That is our Christmas gift to your families.   I’m mailing it today.  Please share that info with your children.  I can’t imagine the loneliness and heartache of this particular time of year and to not have a home of your own and food that you are enjoying with family and having some Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas music.  I want those with courage to go to a charitable place to eat a meal to have it be a nice one and to enjoy it.  That is what our family is giving to 78 homeless/down and out folks in Yakima.  A Christmas meal with all the trimmings!! 

I started feeling Scroogie as I was visiting with my Alaskan friend, Joyce, and she was packing boxes to mail to her children and also wrapping things for those nearby.  I thought maybe this idea is not as feel good as I thought.  Then I got a quick response from my darling daughter...

Mom!!! That's so fantastic! I love that idea. So meaningful and life changing for so many people, instead of just stuff... I love it!!  You look BEAUTIFUL!!! You look amazing and youthful and small!! 

me- being beautiful and small and wearing my un-ugly sweater!

You have got to love a child even with her lame vision!!  I'd taken a picture, my first selfie, with my camera not intended for such frivolity to have them see the sweater deemed not ugly! 

Maybe this sweater is not as swanky as I thought!  looks a bit topsy turvy.  Maybe it just takes a bad picture?  I love the silly thing!

**************

Houston, we have a problem here so I showed the family pictures of said problem.  HubbyMan, has this unique ability in fixing things to #1-never use all the parts you take out.  no need to put them back!  and #2- if it's fixed to the point of working then why bother to fix it back to it's original status? 

SO...the kitchen faucet nozzle fell off.  here is his current solution.
Current fix. Using my serving fork still.
first fix. serving fork 

fork resting in Vita-mix!

doing surgery on hose.  he wanted my sewing scissors but ended up with a paring knife.

Showing how hose can stand on it's own!!  Eureka!!  A waterfall!

after surgery with scalpel ready for cleansing

sink water supply line.  standing on it's own!  ready to spray all over EVERYTHING!!
It has been 3 weeks?  maybe 4.  He insists he knows how and he will fix it and NO Help is needed.  He can do it and he will do it.  Because of his known reputation for creative fixes that never quite get completed as intended,  I invited the children to a lottery on when it will actually be completed.  (me...are those pigs flying by???)

***********************

Christmas!  I'm loving it already!




No comments: