Friday, December 23, 2016

'Tis the season

We worship on Sunday and that is our Sabbath.  Technically it had been on a Saturday.  The only thing that matters to me is that we have a hallowed day.  We have a neighbor that is very active in the 7th Day Adventist Church and they worship on Saturday.  We support each other in our choice of religions.  One Sunday I waved to the husband, who was working outdoors on his yard and said...I'm off to enjoy the Sabbath.  He said...Yesterday was the Sabbath.  Today is Sunday. 

Along those lines...I was raised in snow-land when Alaska had colder weather and a lot more snow than nowadays.  My Baptist Sunday school teacher let us know of the cold surrounding the Saviors birth.

When I joined The Church, the true one, I studied a lot and found out that Christ had been born in the Spring.  Again...it was interesting but did not take away a bit of my joy in December celebrating His birth.  (DC 20:1)

Today this came out, on LDS Living, and I thought it very interesting... here  There will be a lot of the reading of Luke tomorrow and this is definitely food for thought.

Just like the Wise Men...how many were there?  Did they come to the manger?...did they see Christ as a baby OR when He was a child?  Lots of things to think about! 

This weekend will be terrific for all of us!  The world has become brighter, as we have done what we could.... to light up the world.

Enjoy every moment of the entire weekend!!

Merry Christmas!


No comments: