Thursday, December 8, 2016

Winter has arrived!

Peeking out the window earlier today and it looked like a snow globe!!  beautiful ground covering!  Even being from Alaska...I'm not comfy driving here--   people follow so close and jam on their brakes and accelerate & spin out.  I like to stay indors.  Fortunately my life allows me that privilege!!  Snow is how I remember Christmas as a girl and into my adult life.  It's so pure and gorgeous to look at.  The 4 distinct seasons here are sure enjoyed...at least by me!!

Things are peaceful here with our extremely low-key decorations but it feels sweet in here and we are cozy and warm and thankful.

************

Our family has enough of everything.  All of our children have their own homes & cars & clothing & food & lots & lots of stuff.  No one needs any more of anything.  This year for Christmas, as our family gift, we are going to give money to the Union Gospel Mission.  If people are hungry, and humble enough to go to a food kitchen type atmosphere, then I want our family to help.  When we figure out how many meals we want to sponsor, we will tell the kiddos.

Terry and I are going to get that DNA test done for our Christmas to each other.  I'll share the results with you.  It will be funny if he's not the Norwegian he thinks he is!!  Is Viking a Nationality??  What if he's Italian!?  Should be fun!!

*********************

You won't believe what the mail-lady delivered today!!  Uh-huh...another box of SNV!  Snake Venom Cream.  I about died!!  Yuk!  Yikes!!  Creepy thought!!

I realized by not opening the other two boxes that I probably got signed up automatically for an Auto-delivery program!!  So I called the number to cancel whatever I was involved in and didn't want to continue.  I was nervous if I would reach someone or if I'm in some big scam.  My fears were enhanced when the phone was answered by a heavily accented voice, truly sounded like they had a pet hooded cobra in a basket and they played a pipe.  They agreed to break my contract! 

It was nerve wracking for me to even mention the S word.  I did ask why on earth they put snake venom in face cream.  The answer?...peptides.  I'm with you!  what on earth is going on??  So I looked up Snake Oil in face cream (yea for Google).  Dr. Oz evidently did a show on it and there are all sorts of listings about it.  I scanned the headlines and could barely get through that without shuddering.  One mentioned...snake venom paralyzes so it decreases wrinkles.  well, I think that is what it said.  I was way to nervous to read any single article and just glanced at bold print!

I'm still not opening any of these 3 boxes (I was told today to keep the new box that arrived today).  When Jeanee gets here in January...she will do the deed.

so no more should be coming in....as per promised email....

Hello Nancy
Thank you for trying Premium Brand Snake Venom Peptide Cream. This email is to confirm that your subscription status has been canceled. Any ongoing or all future charges have been cancelled per your request.

creepy---SNV

Party-time in January!!  Yikester!!!


 








No comments: