Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Face Cream...

House is not fully decorated because there were other things that needed to be done...grocery shopping and buying face cream!

A few things are up.  well, the wall wreath is up.  The storage container had the red ribbon from our old tree that we enjoyed for all those years plus the two spools of gold beads that were strung on our tree since our Homer days.  made me nostalgic.  The Nativity from the office is now sitting on the piano.  Actually that is about it.

looks faded but it's really deep and richly colored.  so enjoy seeing it.

tree topper from big old tree!

our old strings of gold beads.  so enjoyed them!

in office all year round!

**********************

Our Ward is doing a reading of the Book of Mormon in 90 days.  We decided to read it together.  Now that presents a real challenge because we can only read for so long without hacking or losing our place or running out of steam so....we are doing the absolutely most marvelous reading...ever!  We went to LDS. org and they have it set up to where you can listen to it being read.  We read along on the screen and it is fantastic!!  The readers create magic with their expressions.  It is the most beautiful reading and most interesting and most exciting ever heard!  The book just comes alive and we can listen a lot longer than we can read out loud.  just had to share.  We finished listening to the last General Conference and now we are thinking of doing another listening of The Book when we finish this time.

**********************************

I did buy the Boot No. 7 skin treatment.  I think Gold Bond skin products are amazing... if you want an affordable exfoliate for your legs and feet and arms...try their Rough and Bumpy skin care.  Gold Bond has been around for 100+ years and they put guarantees right on their containers.  Now you have to be able to back that up so they aren't fooling around.  They have an entire line of creams for everything and I'm so impressed and yet I bought this other one!  I bypassed Gold Bond!

A son saw a show about Boot No. 7 and he knew I've been looking for a skin cream so I bought his sales pitch.  I can take it back if I don't like it.  when I was young, I was a Noxzema girl.  Nary a bump or blemish.  After years and years of that I moved to a night and morning cream and was very faithful in doing it.  no skin problems at all.  Now my skin is aging and I'm biking-nowhere but hoping my size decreases and what will happen...me? prune face?  Is there any elasticity in skin stretched out for so long?  is it in cement size wise?  Will I look like a beagle face?  I have no answer BUT I am going to put cream on my face!!




Speaking of which.  In my looking for a fragrance free/hypoallergenic cream-- this is what happened.  an ad popped up from Costco (I'm sure that is who it was.  just certain.)  If I ordered then-- I could get a jar of very expensive ($100?) face cream and just pay shipping.  I knew there were creams that costly and they would never be listed on my shopping list.  So I ordered it.  Another pop-up said I could order another kind at the same price which was shipping.  Later they informed me...we got your orders...we shipped your orders on November 2nd...your orders should arrive on such and such a date.  And then I jumped out of my skin when it read, something like this....your extracted snake venom face cream will be delivered on such and such a date.  Snake venom???  I abhor the word and any pictures and any movie scene and any nature documentary that uses any reference to snake.

Did the boxes arrive?  well, yes.  Yes, they did.  Have I opened them yet?  well, no.  NO, I haven't. That is how terrified I am of even the thought.  Hubby wants to know if I think there is some sort of viper that will come to life when the box is opened.  such a smart-aleck!  Jeanee is coming in January and I will document her opening the boxes and share with you what the contents are.  She, by the way, can't believe how I'm acting about it!  Did she laugh at me and say I was acting ridiculous?  Surely not.

Really...rubbing snake venom on your skin!!!  shudder.  shiver.  being creeped out!!

Do asps hibernate in boxes and come to life when exposed to light and air?

my two boxes of face cream!

reading the label gives me the willies!!



No comments: