Tuesday, November 1, 2016

MyLife

Things are backed up here in my little blog arena.  I keep thinking of things I want to share and then think...that is way to long...there is no time etc.etc.  So I'm just going to start again to share my heart and MyLife.

Surely there should be a parade of some sort or a festival in honor of ME!!  Really- someone my age and size today broke some sort of record...12 weeks of pedaling!!!  yes!!  3 months today!!!!  have not moved an inch...just sitting a moving my legs.  doing a few, very few, resistant band/steps, but nonetheless...5 days a week...40 minutes. 

I have added peeking at the WOW and eating some daily grain.  I'm not embracing/hugging the WOW but the Prophet did say that section 89 is still in effect so I decided to be a bit more consistent.  Being as how wheat for man seems to be the grain of the hour...I have continued to bake WW bread.  Give us this day our daily bread.

along the way I've added a Beet Kavass (?) tonic.  basically it's beets allowed to ferment and you drink 1/4-1/2 cup a day.  Our son makes it and is my dealer!  I have no idea nor interest in making it.  He is really into fermented foods, which seem to be the thing nowadays, and this is one that he makes.  I agreed to drink a small amount 2x a day and he agreed to be the supplier.  I'm new in that department.  no jury verdict yet.  I do believe in the need of a pro-biotic but I'm not a purist on any of this.  but I will sip/gulp my beet juice drink!  I'm not interested in pills etc.  I'm trying the WOW and this is one of the ways, along with bread.

Today, in desiring to pick up a new habit that I can consistently do, I'm now committed to a sensible sized daily smoothie made up of fruits/veggies etc.  it will vary but my commitment to make sure I have a least some fresh fruit and veggie daily.  I know I eat it etc. but I want to be consistent and this will make sure that happens.  I will also add 1T potato starch and 1T chia seeds.  I read a lot about potato starch and just want to have some.

So there you go.  Me baring my soul.  Again!

I have learned that I need small doable things that I can consistently do in order to succeed.  and that is why I'm putting these small things in my plan.  In one month...I'll see if I want to keep on or change things but for now...I've shared my plan.

3 months!  Changes?...I am stronger.  I picked up a 25# bag of wheat and showed off by holding it with one arm on my still ample hip but I did carry it and open it and pour it into my bucket in the kitchen!  fireworks for such a success seems a small thing to ask!!  Actually Terry applauding me was the best roman candle ever!  So I'm stronger...that is one thing.  It's easier to walk.  I have a stronger stride and more ease of movement.  IF I get a decent night's sleep (at least occasionally!) I am more alert/awake/active during the day.  Physical changes?...still exact same shape but I know it's a smaller version.  I have not become a small person just a layer of two peeled off.  I think when fatties are trying for health and know that eventually size will diminish...it is sort of like peeling saran wrap off in how noticeable it is...you have to peel a lot of layers, pretty invisible to the eye, but felt by the loser of that layer!! 

I'm not interested in adding anything else at this point.  Will hold steady and just keep on pedaling. 

12 weeks!!  3 months!!  5 days a week!!  40 minutes!!  no misses!!  Oh, sorry...I guess I mentioned that braggart comment earlier.  It is worth me doing cartwheels!  well, that isn't going to happen but I'm sure happy!!

I gave up wishing on stars but am hoping this gal will work her magic and I can eat a steady diet of fine chocolate and be amazingly healthy instead of pedaling in my bathrobe with bedhead!

Image result for disney fairy godmother
Come on...I need your help!!! 

*******************************
I decided to not be so lazy and found a wonderful recipe place for the Beet Kvass...maybe you want to make some also?  here




No comments: