Sunday, November 13, 2016

Costumes

Within the last couple of days I've seen two productions...one - our local high school production of You Can't Take it With You.  It's so old and I remember seeing it when I was in high school! 

The other production was from the adjoining Selah Stake-- A Musical review... A Night on Broadway-- featuring 21 Acts!  I could go on and on with what they did!  Unbelievable!!!

I love looking at costumes and staging and every element of any drama.  The High School play had great costumes and set.  The musical review was amazing with detail surrounding every inch of space from the time you entered the building.  Clever costumes on waiters/waitresses that added to the festivities.
***********************

I imagined some clever person in Hillary's camp-- costuming her in a black jacket with a PURPLE extra-wide lapel and a matching PURPLE blouse (was that satin?)and Bill in a PURPLE tie and the veep's wife in a PURPLE dress.  I could imagine someone saying to Hillary....combining blue and red makes purple and you can use this by saying you represent everyone!  clever for sure.  didn't work out but clever nonetheless.  well, my take on it anyhow.



No comments: