Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Well, looky here!

I'm enjoying this Christmas season and technically it's not even here!  It's in my heart.  I want low-key...relaxed...Christmas lights and music.  oh, and cold weather.  A ground covering of snow?  Yes, please.  Not a few feet of the powder but heavy enough for a covering that lasts for awhile.

I'm celebrating my first gift of the season...4 months of sitting out in the garage and pedaling on an old bike.  Fitting and appropriate.  Old bike and Grandma!  I do not feel old.

So this is quite a big milestone for me...4 months!!  5 days a week.  40 minutes per ride.  The best thing I ever did for myself?...making the decision to roll out of bed and don my old robe and head to the garage.  I still wear the old robe as it's like a full length coat.  no buttons.  just snaps.  and it's warm!  With winter weather bringing cold temperatures I've changed what I wear.  I now wear a heavy t-shirt and heavy sweat pants and socks and gloves and a hat.  First I wore a Romney for President hat.  I didn't like the hat because the sweat band was marked and it wasn't me.  Then I remembered a black baseball type hat (cap?)  with red writing...Got Fudge? That seemed more appropriate for me plus it's brand new and it's mine.  I bought it in Leavenworth, on a sister trip with Dixie.  Seemed the right thing to wear!  Once or twice I've worn a John Deere black knit hat. 

There was a time in Alaska that I walked with friends and we'd walk out the Spit.  It didn't matter what the weather (unless it was foggy).  we walked with no excuse.  I now bike with no excuse.  I know I look zombie-like with bedhead and my "sports gear" but really?, does it even matter?  No.  I'm assuming if someone did see me they would give me a thumbs up!! 

Today I'm giving myself a thumbs up and a high-five and a gold star....for determination and consistency.  Yay, Me!!!

Do I look any different?  I've made no effort to look different so therefore...no.  No, I don't.  I look the same outwardly as I continue to wear the same clothes but inwardly there are changes.  There are outward changes that only I know.  Fattie's, for the most part, wear pants that stretch.  they stretch out and they shrink back.  I could do with some new pants that fit.  When inner thighs go down a bit then pant legs get baggy.  Chubbie's also wear a shell of some sort under a blouse and then they leave the blouse unbuttoned.  I wear the same blouses and sometimes with the same shells (do people call them shells?) I can now also wear them just buttoned up. No shell.  I could do with some new tops/blouses.  My hair is always a challenge.  I don't want to color it.  If I did...I'd go Auburn.  Maybe more focus on my style?  Not on my list yet!   I don't wear hardly any jewelry and I really should get my ears re-pierced as I promised Dixie I would.  That would be more spiffy for sure.  I could do with a dab of jewelry!  

I've always liked skin cream and I'm in need of some.  I'm going to splurge and buy Boots No. 7.  That is going to be my 4 month prize!  A new skin care line!  I'll keep you posted on that purchase.  Over a period of time I will take care of the other things I mentioned.  Not now.  Skin cream.  Oh, and I need a new foundation so maybe that also.  Some new lipstick?  Maybe some OPI nail polish?  This will be a great reward!!

Food...my appetite has decreased quite a bit...my familiar sugar craving/addiction kicks in as my comfort food, when things get harried in my life, but sugary food is no longer my go to food.  (I have a friend that senses when I need a dose of high-quality chocolate! She delivers!)

I am stronger.  I can walk easier.  I'm not as tired.  I'm not a fireball but maybe a small firecracker?

I'll just keep on keeping on. 

No comments: