Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Path

The last couple of days have been amazing.  When you feel and know that prayers are being answered?....nothing better!  I've been blessed with insight and understanding and assurance of the Lord's awareness of me.  Nothing to really share as to specifics because how do you describe things of the Spirit, to where the reader feels the same?  I'm at a loss on that.  The stillness...the quietness...the thoughts in my head, at least right now, are not easily flowing from into my finger tips.  Endeavoring to lay my list aside, and striving to hear/do His List, has blessed my life dramatically. 

Is it noticeably to others?  Is it manifested in my physical self?  I peek in the mirror.  Probably not.  But the feeling I have is gratitude/thankfulness/amazement.  I look exactly the same but I feel glorious within!!  Even if that marvelous feeling never surfaces, I will be thrilled if I can figure out how to  maintain it!!

Maintenance?  Now there is the trick!  I have learned to enjoy the ride and perhaps, lack of faith?, causes me to deeply savor the happenings, as the odds are I can't forever walk this tightrope.  But...I'll try.  After all I've been biking to nowhere consistently.  Maybe just maybe?  Let go and let God as they say in AA!

Speaking of tightropes.  we were speaking of that weren't we?  Well, segueing from tightropes to narrow paths that are also straight.  The Gospel walk.

We, as a Ward are doing a quick read of the Book of Mormon.  the 90 day one.  I was so impressed with this sentence... Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him.  (Taken from 2 Nephi 9:41 O then, my beloved brethren, come unto the Lord, the Holy One. Remember that his paths are righteous. Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name.)

Using the conjunction but makes it sound like...yes, it truly is a narrow path BUT don't forget it's a straight course.  It made it sound like easier travel on that narrow path as the straightness has no 90 degree turns or hairpin turns or constant curves.  Nothing unexpected.  It's just nice and straight towards the gate and there within vision at the gate, is the keeper of such...the Holy One of Israel.

I do believe I can left foot/right foot, plod along...tweaking bad habits as necessary, and at times painfully, in a progressive way...slowly improving within, and without (at some point) with changed behavior.  Yes.  I am a believer in that narrow path that allows no wandering or wavering because it truly is very narrow and it's straightness, with no nonsensical behavior, is just totally straightforward. 

No comments: