Monday, May 11, 2015

What a wonderful week!  Actually started on May 1st.  A friend dropped a purple mason jar by filled with flowers.  Sort of jampacked and just gorgeous.  Just to wish me Happy May Day!

Then my birthday and a planter bowl with petunias for the porch arrived!  Then a basket filled with flowers and fresh eggs...then some big gorgeous pink day lilies that smelled of heaven!...then a smaller  day lily- ivory with purple tint edges...then a beautiful pink rose corsage (a tradition that our youngest son always sends)...then 2 dozen yellow roses tinged with rose!  Breathtaking!! 

I took some pictures for you to see!  They are much more lovely in real life but I wanted you to see the bounty!!  So I gathered them and put them on the table just for you!




I hope you get the feel of how beautiful it all was...Plus I got phone calls and cards and love notes and it was just love wafting through the air and I was breathing deep.  I hope your day was terrific also!
*********************

The Temple session on Saturday was beautiful.  It was in Spanish which I was not prepared for.  They had headsets but I opted to read what was shown on the wall.  That was such a nice experience!  I was blessed with peace, calm, reassurance, renewed faith & hope & confidence.  I feel so wonderful within.  The feeling like you went on a trip somewhere-- so relaxing and peaceful-- that you just soaked it up and cherished the experience and then relive and recapture that feeling when you get home.  Oh, yes...I'm a fan of Temples....re-wording...a fan of Temple attendance.  

****************************

My Laurel girls are talented in their own individual ways.  Sophie, is really into drama (so you know I'm a fan already!).  She is Mary Poppins in the high-school production of the same name.  I went opening night and found myself teary at the end.  

It was such a fantastic production on all levels...costumes & choreography & singing and all those awesome things...plus it was a huge cast and they were all so on cue and marvelous.  But Sophie stole the show.  She became Mary Poppins!!  

I was so happy for her and hearing her beautiful voice and seeing her dance and be so in character every minute and dressed to the nines- I just got verklempt, with tears streaming down my round cheeks, as I jumped to my feet for a standing ovation.  

Her Mother, who knows I detest having my picture taken/posted, reassured me it was private and she wouldn't FB it.  I actually like this picture because I remember the tears and the love I have for this young woman and how happy I am for her!!  this captured a bit of my heart! 

Me teary over Mary Poppins! 
***************************************
Verklempt - choked with emotion (German verklemmt = emotionally inhibited in a convulsive way) 
This is not FAKE Yiddish - unless you are one of the linguists who consider Yiddish a "fake", i.e. non-transformational language.
OY, vey. When that schmuck of a doctor told me I had cancer I got all verklempt.








No comments: