Wednesday, May 20, 2015

life settled down...

So I finished dealing with the things in my life that were sort of bubbling over.  We all know that life is not a breeze and is challenging... Terry was having a tough time with pain and I was trying to figure out how to take on more and what to eliminate.  A friend came by to visit and she missed the Shasta Daisies by the tree.  I told her they had gotten spindly and the grass crept in and overtook them and finally they were just pulled out.  She wondered when I'd plant more and I told her I wasn't going to.  It's that sort of thing...pulling up the daisies before we start pushing up the daisies and streamlining life to where we take time to smell the roses!  I bought some sort of fake chips to spread around the tree and that will eliminate weeds and look okay.  Actually I wanted more grey pebbles but I think I'll have an easier time with bags of chips.  So just trying to simplify things and that means eliminating some things.

I had mentioned previously Hubby. Son. Sister. Friend.  Feeling the need to figure out how to deal with and handle things better.  So Hubby and his health are okay.  Okay as far as me handling changes.  A very simple example.  We are still planning that road trip so our son went with me to the Toyota service center to make sure the car was road worthy of my race car driving.  The fellow was explaining the filters etc. and then he said...all 4 tires need to be replaced.  Whether you buy them here or some place else, they need to be changed right away.  Especially the back tires.  Our son was stunned.  Sure enough practically no thread on the tires.  I said out loud...I miss your Dad!  When we got home and told him about the tires, he felt so bad.  Here I thought you were safe going to the Temple and it really bothered him.  I'm just so used to him doing that car maintenance for 50+years and me, never giving it a thought.  So is our son used to that.  Anyhow, it's that sort of adapting and regrouping to where our life is pleasant and easy peasy is my challenge.  So each May from now on...the car goes in for it's annual physical!

Our son.  He has been sick plus he has diabetes plus he suffers pain 24/7 from 2 failed back surgeries.  Things just got a bit out of hand but he is feeling better and fixing his health problem.  He is always working on his diet and that is moving along.  so his situation has actually leveled out and that makes it nice. 

I've learned that our lives take on routines and we get used to them, it's familiar to deal with our way of living, and when a curve ball swerves in, it catches us off guard.  So often I have found myself fully expecting everything to return to normal.  I realize more and more that this is our NewNormal and just like new shoes that don't feel real comfy, until they are broken in and we get used to them...so is adapting to our NewNormal.

My sister.  Dixie is sick.  They are just doing tests right now to find out where the disease is possibly stemming from.  She has Interstitial Lung Disease.  I know.  Me too.  I'd never heard of it.  It's a progressive disease.  After all the tests are run the Dr.s will outline her treatment.  As you know, she is my only sibling.  2.5 years younger than me.  She joined the Church a few weeks after me.  She has the firmest testimony of tithing and each year she goes in for tithing settlement to make sure the Bishop got her checks.  He is always stunned because she pays to the nickel and wants to make sure it's on her record as she totally 100% believes in tithing.  He is stunned because she is totally inactive and is a puzzle to each Bishop she's ever had.  She also believes in Priesthood blessings but has just a few men that she will allow to give her a blessing.  She reads and pores over them and doesn't always follow the exact counsel but she still has faith in the promises.  so those are the two gospel points that she embraces.  Nothing else!  Don't ask me!  okay?  That being said...she is very sick but she has faith that she will be made whole after a battle of enduring treatment that will make her even sicker.  She knows she will eventually be healed because of that blessing.  When I went to the Temple I prayed for her and I requested that Mother and Daddy might be her angels to help her through this.  I'm sure they have that heavenly assignment but I decided to ask for it.  just for good measure.

My friend.  A friend from Alaska (now in Idaho) has a 57 year old daughter (in WA) that got sick.  They found cancer, hoped it would be in the liver and not the bile duct.  It was Bile Duct Cancer.  I'm with you.  never heard of it before.  A fatal cancer.  she died Friday.  6 weeks from the day she found out.  Her husband is Bishop and you can imagine the heartache and loss of all of them...one so vibrant and alive and to me...very young.  I really thought about the fact that we all need to love and enjoy and be good to each other in our family and in the Church every single day.  You just never know when things are over without warning.

So those are things that took my time and occupied my mind and now I've shared with you!  and the beat goes on!

We finished all of the GC talks!  Listening with a fresh mind has been so uplifting and exhilarating.  We would listen to two short talks or one long talk.  talks range from 10 minutes to 18 to 20.  Amazing the power in such few words.  we were buoyed each time.  so now back to 1971.  I checked and we watched 36 talks and enjoyed every single one.

I believe in Prophets and Apostles and know what they say is true.  It's like the purest nectar to sip.  Soul restoring.  I cannot ever get enough of it.  It feels so good going down into my heart.  I love feeling it click in my mind, as some ray of light dawns and brings understanding to me or comfort or hope or counsel....Words of such tenderness-- tears unbidden spring up, only to gently quietly spill over.  The elixir of my life?....General Conference talks!!


No comments: