Friday, May 8, 2015

what a great day!

Last year I really partied hardy and had a busy birthday.  This year, so much going on in our life, feeling sort of the need and want to stay home, and that is how it turned out!  I contacted my- savvy on social media- daughter and said... Honey, please don't put on FB that it is my birthday.  I just wanted things more quiet and she obliged.

It was the perfect day.  On all counts.  I heard from friends and received flowers and cards and eggs and cookies and someone left a planter on the porch table and a balloon.  now here is where I was going to post the pictures of the beauty of them and now I don't see the camera cord.  I'll do it tomorrow.  I so appreciated visiting and marveled again at how powerful kindness and love are.  This last year, I don't feel that I gave service.  I just received love and kindness on so many levels.

Dinner was delish and made all the better as Kipper was feeling good and we shared the meal.  Played 5 Crowns afterwards and just visited and talked.

We are going on that road trip but because of health things and to much to do to get ready... we will now leave a little later.  June 4th.  I did get nervous hearing about the weather in Hurricane Alley, where are son lives in KS.  I definitely am not a storm chaser!

Last year I packed enough to last the entire time and got it all into 2 suitcases.  One really big one and then a medium one. both heavy...our son lifted them into the trunk for me.  Didn't dawn on me until the first time I tried to lift the suitcase out of the trunk at the hotel- and couldn't!- that I needed to rethink things.  This year I will pack small bags with clothes, for the two of us, for each day.  I have lots of perfect size bags and it will work out fantastic!  By the time we get to KS, I'll just haul in the laundry and start over again!  Last year I'd open the suitcases in the trunk and take out what I needed and go first class and put them in whatever grocery bags I had stashed in the trunk!  When we got to KS our Grandson carried both suitcases in but the small bags are my choice this year!  I'll be sure and take a picture of my packed trunk with pazillion bags!

So the gift I'm giving myself for my birthday is...#1-taking care of my health in a real way.  actually doing something and not just star-wishing it to magically happen.  at this stage in my life, I need to be as strong and healthy as possible physically, and thus I gifted myself with that ambitious undertaking! Yes...feel free to applaud!   The second gift is- granting myself permission to spruce up the house, with whatever needs to be done to make it spiffier.  so two great things to work towards and enjoy the process.  I seem to always just put everything out there, don't I?  but...it's okay.  goals and plans are the only way things get accomplished.

Thank you for being you!

We only have Sunday afternoon of GC left!  Today we talked about going back to our 1971 goal and finish April and then move on for 6 months and then re-listen when Oct. conference comes around.  Such powerful words!!  I can feel the power and know what they say is true.

I'll find that cord for my camera and post pictures of my flowers tomorrow.  beautiful!!!


No comments: