Tuesday, May 5, 2015

our life...

So here I sit.  My favorite spot in my house...my always cluttery office.  I love it anyhow!!!  At this point it's late at night and I'm thinking of the worth of 20 minutes a day to feed one's soul.  Lots of life happening around here right now and the one steady wonderful beautiful sustaining spot is-- Hubby and I absorbing those revelatory Conference talks.  We have found that we really don't feel satisfied with one short talk...we want two.

The 12 speak 20 minutes each.  all the others are allotted 10 minutes and they speak one after the other so you don't have to search for another short one.  Actually we wouldn't search anyhow.  We made that decision to listen to one after the other.

At this point we have two talks left from Sunday morning and then Sunday afternoon completes our goal and we have listened and reveled in every single one.

In addition to reading Elder Packers out-loud,  we also found one that the Prophet did was difficult to understand as his speech sort of faded off at the end of each sentence.

When we skipped from our 1971 Conference talk to 2015, we sort of thought we'd go back to 1971.  Maybe we will go to 2014?  Jury still out on that one.

***************************

Health happenings...our son is so much improved and we are thankful for that!  Terry is doing okay.  I'm hanging in there and focusing on the 3 of us.  So with Kipper on the mend and Terry okay, I decided to take us on a road trip.  Again!!  Kip will be back to full independence in 2-3 days.  Terry can just relax and sit in the car and I will drive!  Terry is surprised that I am willing to drive it again.  It being the circuit we did last year!

Last year we did two trips.  This year we will do one biggie.  Eagle to Wamego to Bountiful to Ely to Carson City and home.  Medford got canceled after Carson City stop, as my friend Pat will have already headed to Homer to summer there.

Two of our sons have moved into new homes so we will see those.  Get to see our Granddaughter's first apartment.  Celebrate a birthday with one of our Granddaughters.  Get to see 2 grandsons in a production of Beauty and the Beast.  See my sister.  Bonus-get to see my little BFF Lydia that has moved to Ely with her family.

I think that is all we can handle this year travel-wise!

Speaking of being a wise traveler.  The play we are going to see is on a Saturday evening.  So I planned we would arrive Saturday morning.  Then I had a flashback of the tradition of Terry always getting us lost, for a full day!, so we will arrive on Friday, maybe even Thursday to just make sure we don't miss it.  He says that is not going to happen.  Truth be told...I don't remember it ever not happening.  It always happens!  Love him anyhow.  We will not fuss over the route.  I will take the higher road, which will be- going along with his certain to be lost again route.  It's strange that we get lost even with a GPS.  Maybe it's not current or something?

**********************************

Feast on those GC talks!!  there is something so powerful about a carefully prayerfully spirit-guided inspirational talk.  ending it with a powerful testimony.  it just fills you to the brim.  they are so sharp and clear and motivating.  You know I'm a General Conference nut and listening everyday together is just magical!!




No comments: