Thursday, May 7, 2015

My special day!

My birthday.  Today.  76!   Seeing that number it looks like a lot but really, it doesn't feel like a lot.  Lot...like a lot of years.  Saying it, 76 years old, it sounds like a lot and yet it doesn't feel like a lot.  Aging is such an interesting process.  Because I am in relatively good health (except for there being way to much of me!), maybe that is why I don't feel old. I am thinking aging is okay.

There are so many things that I see that I didn't grasp when I was younger.  One of the main things that continues to impress me, is the fact, we all have to learn the same thing in mortal life.  Especially in our Gospel lives.  We all have to learn how to access our Father in Heaven through prayer.  To learn how to pray and get answers.  We all have to learn doctrinal detailed basics... how to repent and make it last and not keep reopening those cans of worms...how to use the Atonement in all of life situations.  We have to learn to access/recognize the personal communication methods when the Holy Ghost speaks to us (that amazing gift we freely are given!!  freely!!)We have to learn to not judge and realize-- we are as common as the people around us and surrounding us and we are all okay.  We have to learn to forgive.  We have to fall in love with the fact of the Heavens being opened and the joint amazing fact that Christ speaks to our General Leaders...this leads us to a natural addiction to General Conference! We have to learn to love unconditionally.  We have to understand faith & Peter walking/sinking on the water.  We have to go to the Temple so often that we begin to feel the blessings given us and can recognize them.  Oh, did I mention--enjoying paying tithing?  We have to learn to do our Church callings and realize others will someday do that same calling, with their own twist on the details, and none of us are so unique to be the only one that knows how to do the specifics of any calling.  We can all do everything and it's all good enough.  We have to learn about Christ and develop such a closeness to Him that we never ever feel no one cares because in our learning we understand--He is always there and He knows how to comfort us.  And He will.  He does.  He cares for each of us.

And the list can go on and on.  We are all loved and we need to all love each other.

Happy Birthday to myself.  Good job self for hanging in there...for enduring and learning and growing in testimony and living 76 years.  Too many candles to set on fire!!

I'm thinking to treat myself to a Temple session.  Terry wants me to go.  He says he needs the blessing of me going!  Vicarious work for the living????

No comments: