Wednesday, May 6, 2015

copy and save...

These my two favorite quotes about the Holy Ghost.  The one by Parley P. Pratt is outstanding.  I remember the first time I heard it that my jaw dropped.  I was stunned at the gifts he described.  I'm so glad I have these two gems and can share them with you. 

I want to experience the Holy Ghost fully.  Don't you?  I assume we all do.  What marvelous experiences we can have as we exercise faith and learn how to invite the fullness of this power, this fantastic gift, freely given, just because we chose to be baptized.  I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and I appreciate this marvelous gift that is mine to use and magnify and enjoy or just let it fade away into silence.

********************************

Elder LeGrand Richards, describing the gift of the Holy Ghost, said:
“To me, the gift of the Holy Ghost is as important to man as sunshine and water are to the plants. You take them away, and the plants would die. You take the Holy Ghost out of this Church, and this Church would not be any different than any other church. And it is manifest in so many ways in the lives and the devotion of the members of the Church” (“The Gift of the Holy Ghost,”Ensign, Nov. 1979, 76).

AND
Parley P. Pratt gave us a vision of what the gift of the Holy Ghost could mean to us when he said:
“The gift of the Holy Ghost … quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands and purifies all the natural passions and affections; and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. It inspires, develops, cultivates and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings, and affections of our nature. It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness, and charity. It develops beauty of person, form and features. It tends to health, vigor, animation, and social feeling. It invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. It strengthens, and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being” (Key to the Science of Theology, 9th ed. [1965], 101).

No comments: