Friday, May 9, 2014

Still in Party Mode!

Will wonders never cease!?!?!  Honestly, I'm so amazed at the kindness of comments, expressions of love and generosity on so many levels that I'm nearly speechless.  Okay.  That is not true.  I'm never very close to being nearly speechless!!  It is all so unexpected and sincere and thus so joyous to me!

Basking in the warmth of those friends I love, whatever the means of communication was just tender and touching all the way around.

Yesterday was filled with wonder of Temple and then surprises in abundance AND it continued today.  This afternoon two friends wanted to take me to lunch.  We'd last gone on Jan. 10th, Myra Faye's birthday, so it was a sentimental journey and one that sounded fun.  The surprise was it ended up with 7 amazing women, sharing time/food/love, with me.  Is this what happens when you turn 75?  Do people start thinking...We better play now because who knows how long she'll be around?  Whatever the thinking it was just stupendous!!  Did I tell you I love my friends and that of course includes you!!!  xoxoxox

I kept that Temple counsel prompt/prod to not run from pictures and to post them.  well, at least some of them!!  Going from absolutely no pictures to wearing a hat and flower in my hair, for a picture, was a long stretch BUT I did do it.  AND then to post it!!!  Me being brave!

Ageless Party Girls!!!

Gang of 4 Rowdies!!

adorable!!!  Sweeties!


MyBeautifulMaryLynne.... Looking healthy and gorgeous!!!


Strong and powerful and beautiful and loved friends!!!!  Welcome Maddie!

am I brave or cuckoo?  okay.  I agree.  Both!!!
On the restaurant table when we walked in.  That Carol!!  such a talent!!!
So my sister, Dixie called and wanted to know about the lunch and most especially wanted to know if I wore my pen.  No.  I wore my denim jacket. She then told me that the trend (at least in Eagle ID and other more sophisticated places) was to wear pens on everything.  to even put them on purses etc.  I promised to wear it when I go to the high school play next week.

Remember my sister loves to shop, is fashionable and has a real fashion flair about her.  She became that way when rhinestones were on everything and the rage when we were teen girls.  She collects jewelery.  Not just any old jewelery but regal creations and the more bling the happier she is.  I am the recipient of bling on my birthday and Christmas.  She will have purchased two, of the same pin design in the past, and then at some point I will receive a sparkly Swarovski Crystal or something suitable for the red carpet.

75 years old.  She thought that was a milestone as did I.  Deserving of a Nolan Miller rose.  Nolan Miller designed all of the clothes on the long ago hit show Dynasty.  Breathtaking detail on all of his jewels.  He designed for all sorts of movie stars and politicians wives like Nancy Reagan.  So here is my show-stopper rose.  look for it on my denim jacket!  It just may blind the actors on stage during Willie Wonka show!!

each petal individually made.  the stem is stunning!


and then the red box!!!! jam packed with pearls.  Now I have to admit that Dixie found these but my precious husband bought them for me!  They are gorgeous!!  They are in a red lined metal box and from the same company, Camrose & Kross, that made faux pearls the way Jacqueline Kennedy liked them and other wealthy socialites.  They are glass based and hand decorated to a gorgeous pearl lustre.  A bit more name dropping...Coco Channel designed these and the Presidents wife had a necklace exactly like this one.  You can take the bottom strand and drop it over the top strand and that was the Chanel look.  This was the last of the Jacqueline Kennedy replica jewelery and they destroyed the, testing equipment, right on the TV show (yes. It's QVC.  My sister adores QVC!) and they will not do the Kennedy collection again.  the pearls are all individually hand tied and I really think it's a royal looking necklace. made all the more special because Terry really wanted me to have it.  Sigh.  That is romantic!  Maybe I'll wear them every Sunday???  I want you to see them so please check them out.  (I'll bring rubber gloves for you to wear when you touch them!!!)

Love my purty pearly whites!!!!
So I worked some on the green trunk.  jam packed with assorted letters and printed stuff.  Found a program from 1992 at a Selah event and wondered why I had it with my goodies.  opened it and read it and found I gave a workshop presentation at a conference for single adults.  I wasn't single but was an adult and it says I was there!  Have no remembrance of doing it!!  age 75 can be brutal, huh?

The Green Trunk....

topped with 56 year old blue corduroy baby shoes.  worn by all 4 sons.

Oh, my this is going to take me until I'm 80!!!  A trunk to sort!!  

I'm on such a birthday high that maybe I'll just float right through it!!!  (uh-huh. sure! of course!)

Focus on the things I can do that others can't.  this fits the bill!

Oh, I just remembered....Today, Friday, is the day I started my blog.  I'm going to keep doing it.  3 years ago or was it 4?  anyhow.  I know it was today.  onward.  to another 3 or 4 yers.  Oh, right....I mean one more year!!  May 2015!


No comments: