Sunday, May 25, 2014

Missing my friend...

On this weekend of gratitude, for all that have protected our freedoms and so many giving their lives, I salute them with the love I have in my heart.

Also at this time I think of friends that have moved on past this life and how they enriched mine while they were here and our paths crossed.  Scattered snippets of shared times as single memories surface and then like a slide show make way for yet another one....Rita and Edna and May and Lee and Judd and Elaine.

My own parents.  A fleeting thought...My mother bringing me pansies to plant, reminding me that they have a little smiley face and are the friendship flower.  Thinking of me and wanting to help me out of a situation of which there was no getting out of but  that loving act remains with me and strengthens me after all these years.  Her concern and willingness.  so tender.  so touching.

And now...my Myra Faye.   Recently losing her and realizing I have no regrets of our friendship, as far as maximizing it within the framework of our own lives, puts extra value on my living friends  and makes me want to make sure I let them know they are valued and treasured and enjoyed and appreciated.
 


Last picture. Both of us in tears.

********************************

I took a single peony to her grave and was touched to see Bob's flower tribute.
He always called her Sweetheart










No comments: