Friday, May 2, 2014

Readiness

 here  is where you can read her Obituary.  Lovingly written by her daughter-in-law, Taressa.
********************
I was appreciative that I got to help perform that last act of service for her, the dressing.  She truly looks beautiful all dressed in white.  Like an angel.  Not being family and deeming it totally inappropriate, I confess I really wanted to take a picture as she looked so lovely, but governed myself correctly & said nothing, did not grab my camera and am now telling you that I did want to though.

I stood there by her and held her motionless hand and even now feel teary in knowing she will not be around for us to share life.  She used to tell me that she had to do all sorts of compensating on playing the organ/piano because she was short and her small hands had short fingers.  It was quite amazing to watch her create such beautiful sounds.

Her wrists were small.  As I held her stilled hand I thought of the only regret I have.  One day at Church she showed up in a gorgeous bracelet that I gushed over.  She immediately took it off and said this is yours.  I want you to take this.  I told her that it would never fit and besides that I was not taking her bracelet.  She slipped it on my hand.  Slipped is a misnomer.  She sort of forced it on.  there it fits. I felt like it was going to break.  wore it twice which made her happy. I just loved this pretty sparkly bracelet.  I took it off after that 2nd wearing, told her I was really afraid it would pop and beads go everywhere, and said you keep it and when my wrist is slimmer I'll take it back  (all chubettes know the time frame of that happening!)  She said...I'll have it restrung.  I said...No.  you wear it for now. She took it and wore it one more time & when she held up her arm, I lit up when I saw it.  From the piano bench she motioned for me to take it.  I shook my head no.  As I held her hand, I remembered that incident and did regret that decision of mine to not keep it.  It was such a sweet generous gesture and that meant as much, or more, than the bracelet.  It's in my memory file.
****************************
Things seem in readiness from my viewpoint for the funeral.  I'm not really doing things but it appears the miracle workers in our Ward are busy, doing all the myriad of behind the scenes tasks.

The Church is cleaned and  ready.

Pews in front.  Chairs to back wall.

Sunday after Sunday,  she and Bob sat on that front bench.

This was her territory and we all appreciated her talent so much.

Lots of music here also.  Bishop told her he would keep it tuned.  He promised her!
 ************************
 When we moved into our new building, we had an open house.  This is in the RS room.  We shared a fun moment here.  She was playing the piano and a visitor was wandering around looking at the 3 pictures we have in there.  We have two by Minerva Teichert.  He stood by the piano, admiring the art on the wall, and said to Myra Faye as she played...Beautiful picture.  I've not seen this before.  She sort of nodded agreement and said...Minerva Teichert.  He then said...Nice to meet you.  I'm Brother so and so.  She never missed a beat and I walked away barely able to contain myself!!  We couldn't get enough laughs out of that.  Every once in awhile we would relive that scene and enjoy it once again.

She always sat front row on the left.  right beside the piano.  THE Minerva Tichert  picture.
 ************************
One of the movies that we decided we wanted to see was Heaven is for Real.  I'll still go and see what it's all about but now she knows the reality of Heaven.  She knows beyond a doubt that heaven is for real.  I'll go to a movie while she lives what the movie is about!  I know my friend lives.


No comments: