Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

A wonderful Mother's Day!!  Phone calls, flowers and love.  Had a great dinner with Kipper and I'm happy to be a Mother.

*******************************************


You know that I don't really use FB.  My daughter put a picture of me and so did a son.  The response was startling to me.  There were responses from people that I'd not heard from in ages!

One was from a woman, probably 50 or so, that was a friend of my daughter in Anchorage.  Jeanee's birthday is January 3rd and on her 8th birthday I was trying to make it special...so it wasn't lost or meshed into New Years Eve doings.

I had a real cute apron pattern that used 1 yd. of fabric.  Jeanee and I went to the fabric shop and she got to pick out  the calico fabric for each girl.  She had fun and so did I!  I sewed the aprons and put a pink heart pocket on each one.  I had sugar cookie dough made up and each girl, made a hand cookie and decorated it.  It was a fun little party.  I know I have a picture somewhere!  Can't remember if there were 4 or 6 girls around the table.

Anyhow....one of the 8 year olds, all grown up now just like my daughter, saw that picture that was posted and she said...

Love the look-alike photos. Love your family, some great childhood memories of birthdays, aprons and making forts in the woods, Happy happy birthday Nancy dear!!! Laugh lots!!

I was startled when she mentioned that party of 43 years ago!  I know at times you exhausted young Mothers go way to many directions but I encourage you to stay the course, continue to do your little special touches and that effort will pay dividends, sometimes as far forward as 43 years!!  

 I hope each of you had a wonderful Mothers Day celebration!

Here are some pictures of some of those that put me in the Mother/Grandmother group.  Love them so much!!!! 



Murphy.  Sullivan.


Britta





David.  Jen.

Photo: This life we have made ❤️
bottom: David and Jen   top: Grace and Sam

Cassie


Cassie

Tori

Britta.  Tori.  Cassie.  Brooke.

Ava. Kipper. Kai.

No comments: