Tuesday, November 12, 2013

This is not going to just fade away. it's staying.

  • Last January I posted about my young friend Sam.  He is homosexual and he knows that I totally support the Church doctrine, like this line from the most recent LDS news...

    "...Marriage between a man and a woman is central to God’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.  As such, traditional marriage is a foundational doctrine and cannot change."

    Sam does not support this doctrine. 

    For some reason he'd recently sent me a note wondering if we now lived in Richland and that is what my response is about on the Never! sentence. 

    ********************************** 

    Sam- i wonder if you would look at the blogpost i just posted on my facebook wall. it's a gutwrenching and powerful letter from a young Mormon friend whose husband died recently at war. I'm not trying to sway your opinion or anything of that sort. i just thought you would be deeply touched by the humanity of it. love you. xx
  • Me-Never! We are still Alaskans having a Washingtonian experience and enjoying it. actually if you can love a place then we love it here.


     I understand you are not trying to sway me. It's very tender, poignant and knowing where she is coming from Church wise, gives it special meaning.


  • Sam-i thought you'd feel something like that, you mensch spiritual giant you. love you a lot my friend.


  • Me-and you are loved by your mensch (I so hope that is a nice word!) I told you all along that the gay movement will be victorious. The big battle will be within the Churches as they/we struggle with demands being declared legal land-wise and the conflict with opposing doctrine Church-wise. we will war against ourselves and that is going to be one bloody battle. The battle of the Parasitic Paranoids! Imploding and destructive. I so wish once the gays can legally marry and legally have rights etc. that they would then just form Churches to their liking and not use force, which we know will come into play. Well, dear boy, I love you and let's just agree to share a box of popcorn, sit and watch the last days unfold, and know that we are both loved by each other and most especially by our Father in Heaven. Okay?


  •  oh, and the military treatment?--no words can describe that happening!
  • Sam-i love the box of popcorn and watch the last days unfold analogy. you're on. and believe me, mensch is a very good word.
    the military treatment was unconscionable. can't imagine it.


  • Me-That is how I live my life...watch in wonder as prophecies come to past and the world falls apart. oh, dear, am I playing a fiddle or fiddling around whilst this happens???

    ***********************************
    The post he wanted me to read was about an LDS woman who lost her husband in the war and was prevented from claiming his body while things were checked out on cause of death etc.  She felt this would be what a person, who had a gay partner, would feel like.  Denied access and rights.  She is now for gay rights.  She also tells of other LDS people that supported anti-gay rights and then their own child acknowledged his homosexuality and the parents changed to supporting gay rights.  It was very heartfelt. Very tender to me.

    This is just another one of those incidents that makes me realize that we better know what the Church teaches/preaches doctrinally and also check out our obedience factor temperature and see if we are on board with what the Prophets say.  

    Again...at this point I don't have any gays in my family.  At least not to my knowledge.  I can see we, individually, better figure it out and decide how we will treat/act/interact with those that are gay --whether in our families or not.  

    And how will we support/explain the Information coming from Church headquarters?

    I support the Church's stand.

     **************************************************
I was so curious as to what a Mensch was that I went online.  After reading what a mensch is?-- I'd really like to be known as a mensch!


The first part of this article would sure be great for teaching Seminary/teens.  well, actually it could be developed for all ages.  Great analogy to be developed.  I think this is an excellent article to just sort of mull over...  How to Be a Mensch. So LDS by someone that isn't.  Enjoy!



No comments: