Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sources for my favorite Holy Ghost quote...

Thanks so much, Shannon, for the sources.  Every once in awhile it shows up.  I was missing it and read it again and am glad I shared it because you took the legwork out of  me going through my stacks of notes!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
note from Shannon....

Thank you for this! That is just amazing if you break it down and see just what it all entails. Wow! I can't even wrap my mind around all of that. What a wonderful gift we have been given from a loving father in heaven. The original source-(Key to the Science of Theology, 9th ed. [1965], 101). Many other talks have used this quote too. A really good one. http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1997/04/that-spirit-which-leadeth-to-do-good 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read this  fantastic talk  by L. Tom Perry  "That Spirit Which Leadeth to Do Good"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The quote below is in the talk above by Elder Perry!
Elder LeGrand Richards, describing the gift of the Holy Ghost, said:
“To me, the gift of the Holy Ghost is as important to man as sunshine and water are to the plants. You take them away, and the plants would die. You take the Holy Ghost out of this Church, and this Church would not be any different than any other church. And it is manifest in so many ways in the lives and the devotion of the members of the Church” (“The Gift of the Holy Ghost,” Ensign, Nov. 1979, 76).
Here is Elder Richards talk   
Elder Richards was so interesting to listen to.  Listen to the video.  at the end he says something about time for me to close.  He talked and talked and talked and never looked at a note.  One time at a General Conference he said something like...I'm being told to sit down but I'm not finished.  Everyone broke out laughing and he just kept on talking.  I loved to listen to him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
I have been fascinated with the idea of being gifted with the Holy Ghost since I joined the Church.  My heartfelt lifetime desire is-- to live in such a way that I can receive as much guidance as possible and as many of the available gifts as possible.   Now that would be heaven on earth!!!  I appreciate those times that I feel and experience His association and oh, my goodness!, wouldn't it be amazing to have His constant companionship?  Sigh.   

I love the Gospel.  I really do!






































  

No comments: