Monday, November 18, 2013

Top on my list of Holy Ghost quotes...

I remember the first time I read it.  I was wondering what sorts of things a person might feel or receive from the gifting of the Holy Ghost and this was mind-boggling to me!  I could scarcely believe what was on that printed page!  It still amazes me to contemplate what is available to each of us. 

I have had this quote for years and suddenly I can't remember where I first read it.  Every once in awhile it surfaces and Sunday I just sort of felt the need to be reminded of such magnificence available... just for living the Gospel the best we can.

Sorry to print something with out the source.  (really I need to get my stacks of papers organized.  Still haven't done it!!!)  I'll post it today and then when I find the source, I'll share it.  Or!, if you know the source then send it to me.  please.

In the meantime, I'll stop all of this hemming and hawing delaying,  here it is!!!  Enjoy!  Savor!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parley P. Pratt describes about the Holy Ghost in this quote--


...quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases, enlarges, expands and purifies all the natural passions and affections; and adapts them, by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use.  He inspires, develops, cultivates and matures all the fine-toned sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings and affections of our nature. He inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness and charity. He develops beauty of person, form and features.  He tends to health, vigor, animation and social feeling. He invigorates all the faculties of the physical and intellectual man. He strengthens, and gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes, music to the ears, and life to the whole being.

No comments: