Sunday, November 10, 2013

Things turned out amazing!!!! Sisters were incredible!!!

remember when I wrote about my involvement in this?




It's now a thing of the past as far as being accomplished but the feelings will be forever in my mind.  Things of the Spirit must be personally experienced to be felt, to be understood, to be brought to remembrance when triggered.  In RS today the closing song was Love One Another.  Sitting on the back row, my tears started to flow and in my mind I heard the 10 women singing like a band of angels and the sweet strains of the violin and the piano sustaining all of them.  Such a gorgeous rendition!!

I was personally in need of a powerful shared Spiritual experience with sisters in the Gospel.  Yesterday went way beyond cup filling.  The feeling was so strong that I could inhale it!  I could feel it!

This I have learned in life...you can share an experience with others by telling them how things went or how you feel/felt and sort of be at a loss of words as it's next to impossible, actually it is impossible to relay a feeling, with descriptive words!  I felt such a connectedness with those in attendance and that feeling persists.  I really missed those unable to attend.

Things of the Spirit must be felt firsthand in order to burn into our soul.  There were moments when the Spirit was so powerful that it was silent in the room.  After the closing song, it was like the room was suspended and just filled with peace.  Such stillness and power.  It was unreal.  I wished we could have just sat there soaking it up.

When the sister got up to offer the closing prayer you could have heard a pin drop.

Sigh.  oh, my yes...sigh.

Each speaker spoke right from her heart as that was what she was asked to share.  her own life experience in a certain arena.  That just added to the feeling of closeness to each other in our own life journeys.  They shared and they touched all that heard them. So many were strengthened by what was spoken.  hearing personal incidents from someones life makes you feel trusted like a friend.  We were really sisters in the Gospel.

The music!!!  oh, this was amazing!!  I had people ask me if they could have a CD!!  people ask me how they did what they did to such perfection (truly it was breathtaking).  It was stunning!!  song after song after song.  Some sisters wanted the program done again.  some asked if they could do a concert.  It was out of this world.  10 women sharing their voices, backed up by a piano, violin, flute.  Heaven!

One thing I learned...no prelude music needed next time.  Those sisters worked hard to prepare and everyone was so busy happily talking and greeting each other that I don't think it was heard!  They were good sports and I appreciated their effort.

The journey at times had been challenging as it all sounded so different in how it was going to be done.  So out of the box.  I was blessed with sweet Charene who caught the vision and she and I were on the exact page.  She chose/asked the women to sing and it was a perfect mix!!  She took care of all that!!  WonderWoman.  actually they all were super heroines.  one sister has a 4 week old baby!!  what dedication!  they were all young Moms.  well, they looked like that to me!  What talent.  Angels all!

I felt if the sisters heard that they would come and sit in the chapel, have one break, listen to talks and music-- that they might not come with willingness for that 3 hour siege!  I conveniently did not mention that fact about staying in one place.  (Was that deceiving?) So I just emphasized that there would be great music and talks and didn't mention, the Chapel hostage situation.  I wanted us all cocooned.  Hugged by the room.  close to each other.  A container for the Spirit. Where peace could just be floating around each of us.  

I felt like that fellow in the movie that was building the ball field....build it and they will come.  So many, for one reason or another, would not be attending and I knew that the music sisters and the sister speakers had worked for a very long time in getting ready.  I ended up at one fright point asking friends for moral support.  I'd asked a close friend, Chelle, to say opening prayer.  I knew she'd be nearby and that made me feel secure!  I needed people that knew me and IF I ended up sitting on the stand with egg all over my face, they wouldn't care!!  But most of all, there absolutely had to be women in that Chapel to hear these marvelous sisters!  Lots of them sitting there to hear them!!

Anyhow, no sense in telling the crash scenes with Spanish translation the night before or other episodes.  It's part of productions of any sort.  I ended up cancelling my Friday hair appointment and at the same time resisted cutting it with my pinking shears!  i realized Friday would be a busy day.  all day.  it was and it was so worth it.  I love every detail of program planning.  Whatever it takes.  And I love people, like my friend Margie, that will just take on lunch plans with aplomb and rescue me!  Margie, had been with me the whole way and I so appreciated that!

Last night I crashed in my robe and wool socks.  heaved a sigh of relief, laid down and relived the entire day.  All the talks and all the songs and all the feelings.  I love knowing all of that is in my memory bank and I can bring those feelings back at will.  Isn't that wonderful that we can do that?

Today at Church I realized I'd never polished my nails on Friday and they were chipped and messy.

We just do our best and that is quite good enough.

No comments: